scholarship

• Reported By: Souxiesoux — Garland Texas
Jet Van Lines
12300 Ford Rd Dallas, Texas United States of America

Jet Van Lines Over charges, theft of property Dallas, Texas

We were given 2 quotes for 2 separate move at $425 and $550. After that had all of our property locked in their truck they demanded over $800. It was the wekeend so I could not get hold of anyone from the office and I paid it and waited until Monday to discuss it with the salesman who gave us the quote. He never returned any of my calls.

A few days later when we had to move immediately they had no trucks or movers available so we incurred $400 in hotel bills. Then when they showed up at the house they started unloading things that did not belong to us. I had to stand in the driveway and tell them what was mine and what goes back on the truck. Then the mover said I needed to help them unload the truck or it was going to cost me a lot of money due to the sorting process. I told him I had just had back surgery and that was not possible. They left the majority of the porerty sitting in my driveway because they had another move and again demanded I pay over $800 of they would leave without unloading the rest of the truck.

Later we found over $5000 of our property missing. All of it electronics, antiques and valuable items. When this was reported I was told their warehouse was closed for Passover. Then I never recieved another call back until they received a demand letter from my attorney. The man who called me was aggressive, intimidating and make a statement about myself and my family that I construe as a threat.

I filed a report with the police dept who assured me that detectives will investib=gate what happened to my property. I also filed a report with the District Attorneys office and have my own personal attorney filing a court case. Althoug this is costihng me a lot of time and effort, this is something everyone should do to stop the unethical and illegal theaft of property by any moving company under the Federal Law of Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jet-Van-Lines/Dallas-Texas-75234/Jet-Van-Lines-Over-charges-theft-of-property-Dallas-Texas-1043939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jet Van Lines