Complaint Review: Joe Fleming/owner/Northwest Body& Paint

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2001

• Reported By:Tucson AZ.
Joe Fleming/owner/Northwest Body& Paint
2411 W. Wetmore Rd. Tucson, AZ. U.S.A.

Northwest Body & Paint in Tucson, AZ. advertises Free Loaner Cars, but doesn't pay the bill. Customer does!! Joe Fleming! liar

I had an accident on September 2000. Both parties agreed not to get our insurance involved. I took my car in for repair, to Northwest Body & Paint and was satisfied with the esimate. Joe Fleming, owner, made arrangements with Carlos, the person that hit me, to make payments on the amount. As far as I know, Carlos paid the full amount.

I kept the loaner car for 2 weeks. When I got my car home I noticed what a poor job they did on it. Joe gaurantees his work for the life of the car. When I would call to take it in, they were always too busy.

Then in April of this year I received a notice from CarTemps Corp. office stating that I was responsible for the balance due on the loaner. I couldn't believe it. I called Joe several times, threatened to go public, and he finally called back and said he took care of it. Not So! I recieved another notice, this time from N.E.S. collection agency. I called them, and they told me I had to pay or it would be reported to the Credit Bureau.

I have a check pending for $250.00 until 8-31-2001. The balance is actually $312.49. I faxed Joe, the notice and a letter to either send me a certified check, or pay N.E.S. within a week.

It's been 2 weeks now and I haven't heard anything from him. I did sign the CarTemps contract at the bottom, thinking that I would be responsible in case of accident to the car.

CarTemps no longer does business with Joe Fleming, as I guess Im not the only one he's done this to. I don't know exactly when and if I have to pay the balance, but being a grandmother, raising 2 teenage girls, I really can't afford this expense.

I feel that he should't get away with this and that he should be reported and investigated, before there are more victims. I don't know if this would be considered fraud or flase advertisement, both I guess. Thank You so, much and if there is any other info. you need, I'll be glad to mail it to you or what ever the process is.

Sincerely,
Sally Morneweg

I don't know if the category would be Auto Rentals or Body work and Repair or both? They actually are both, but the main one is flase advertising of Free Loaner Cars.I do have to take my car elsewhere to fix what he did, so I feel he should be reported for both. Thanks again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-FlemingownerNorthwest-Body-Paint/Tucson-AZ-85705/Northwest-Body-Paint-in-Tucson-AZ-advertises-Free-Loaner-Cars-but-doesnt-pay-the-bil-6390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Fleming/owner/Northwest Body& Paint