I am a former employee of Peachtree Settlement Funding the company that purchases structured settlements from people who have won law suits due to personal injury, wrongful death cases and investment annuities.
This company breaks so many laws and treats their employees like crap.
1) Peachtree illegally records every single phone call without informing callers that the calls may be taped or monitored. They also have customers call state agencies while employees are on the phone to get personal information to complete the transactions. State agencies will never know the employee is on the line because they stay silent the entire time.
2) If you call in from one of their many TV, internet or radio commercials and give them your phone number (all of their phones have caller ID and your phone number will be automatically captured in their computer system) and you decide to not do a transaction with them, they will constantly call you and harrass you until you finally do a deal with them. Even if a customer demands to have no more phone calls, the employees are forced to tell customers to send in a letter. Even if a customer does send in a letter they do not remove your phone number from the system and they will constantly call you. This right there is an FCC violation and it also breaks every state law. Even if you are on the do not call list after your initial consultation, they will still continue to call you. What's worse, if you start a transaction with them they will ask for several phone numbers (freinds or relatives) so they can harass them until you call them back. AGAIN, all of this is documented on their electronic phone recording system.
3) They charge customers extremely high rates 19.99 is the MINIMUM that they will do a transaction for, unless a manager approves something lower (which is rare). Other companies will charge much lower rates and get you more money almost every single time.
4) Not one of their managers is worth a peice of crap.
You have Jim who talks down to employees and makes them feel like s**t but if you stab back at him he demands an apology in email. If you ever need him for something he stutters while helping you and even before you can get a full answer he walks away from you and thinks its very funny. He also flirts with every female in the office that he can even though he is a married man and recently had a baby.
Then you have Laren who recently got moved into a new position because she couldn't handle her old one. So for her not to be embarrassed and getting demoted, they just created a new depeartment for her to screw up AND she is still screwing things up. What's even worse is she constantly talks to herself while walking around... she is a real fruit loop.
Stacy... what can we say about her? Desperate for man but cant seem to find any... I guess that's because she will give it up easy to anyone who sweet talks her. For a while she had a real decent looking body but lately she has been putting on the pounds again-- guess she needs to go to the gym more.
5) Although our former boss Deb was not the nicest person in the world she sure did keep the managers in line and ever since she left these managers treat their people like s**t. That is why me and many other people have decided to leave we have had enough.
6) This company forces employees to work more than 40 hours a week and if one week you decided you didn't want to they would fire you. We are forced to work Saturdays and not have another day off during the week so that only gives us 1 day a off a week to be with our family. It is very often that employees are forced to work through their lunch break- not being allowed to leave the building for one hour. This company is sooo greedy all they care about is making their goals and could care less how they get their even if it means treating their people like s**t. This company acts like they are best place to work for but no one is willing to speak out and tell them that they are sick and tired of being criticized, spoken down to and forced to be away from their family OR to even have one hour in a day to take a break.
I WOULD ENCOURAGE ANY CUSTOMER OUT THERE to not do a transaction with this company. SHOP AROUND before you accept a Peachtree deal- you are just throwing your money away with them.
I would also encourage any employee (current or former) to write to me and I will post any messages up here for you and no one will know who you are.
Sick of bs
Boca raton, Florida