- Report: #377333
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Karolina Koaches - Mike Brooks
Karolina Koaches - Mike Brooks601 Shiloh Road Piedmont, South Carolina U.S.A.
Karolina Koaches - Mike Brooks False Advertising & Hidden 30% Restocking Fee Piedmont South Carolina
*Author of original report: Repo vs Auction
*Author of original report: Karolina Coaches
*General Comment: Karolina Koaches
*Author of original report: Mike Brooks (RV Vacations To Go}
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
They have since asked eBay to forgive their fees. Motorhome purchase price was $10,100.01. I received a check for $6,736.50, plus my $500.00 deposit back from PayPal. Karolina Koaches's position is that I overloaded the towing capacity of the Winnebago. They claim it has a 3500 lb. hitch. A call to the Winnebago factory confirmed that they rolled off the assembly line with a class II 5,000 lb. - 350 lb. tongue weight hitch. My 2003 Trailblazer (approximately 4000 lbs.) and 1500 car trailer, according to Winnebago, should have been no problem to tow.
I think that just the very fact that these swindlers have collected 30% ($3,000.00 in my case) and had the audacity to expect eBay to release them from their fees gives you a pretty good picture of who we're dealing with.
Here are the facts:
1) their ad said it ran great, it did not;
2) their ad said that you'd be asked to complete the paperwork AFTER a testdrive, they did not follow this procedure;
3) their ad said that they had just driven this 600 miles and there were no problems;
4) their salesman, Bob, as I asked to have the leveling jacks demonstrated, said that they're too busy to check all the systems. He also said the only thing they guarantee is the generator, refrigerator, and engine because they are the most expensive to fix;
5) Before they would release my $6,736.50 check, they would need to drive it. Before Mike even left the lot, he said to me that maybe this was just a burned plugwire or something, indicating to me that he felt the engine was not running properly either. Upon his return, he said he felt like perhaps a caliper was frozen up on the brakes.
Apparently, the two conditions that compelled me to return the motorhome did indeed exist. It wasn't a figment of anyone's imagination. Towing 20 miles did not create either of these problems.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2008 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karolina-Koaches-Mike-Brooks/Piedmont-South-Carolina-29673/Karolina-Koaches-Mike-Brooks-False-Advertising-Hidden-30-Restocking-Fee-Piedmont-Sout-377333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.