Complaint Review: Kathleen Legaspi, Kathleen Kafashian, Kat Legaspi, Kat Kafashian

• Submitted: Thu, July 31, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 31, 2008

• Reported By:Central Illinois
Kathleen Legaspi, Kathleen Kafashian, Kat Legaspi, Kat Kafashian
San Diego, California U.S.A.

Kathleen Legaspi, Kathleen Kafashian, Kat Legaspi, Kat Kafashian Malicious fraudulent activities San Diego California

I recently read about Kathleen Legaspi (aka Kat Kafashian) being arrested for scamming money out of people on numerous occasions and thought I would share my story - it it helps even one person than this effort will have been worth it.

I used to live in San Diego, CA in 2000 and befriended Kathleen. I completely trusted Kathleen and felt that we had a very good friendship. I ignored the fact that her life always seemed to be in crisis, that everyone was mistreating her, and that her life seemed so unfair. Rather, I tried to be a good friend. Her behavior became increasingly unstable; in fact, I remember her once calling me at 6:00 a.m. totally depressed and talking about killing herself. Her stories became more and more "unbelievable."

Even though I didn't really want to do it, I co-signed for Kathleen so that she could get a cell phone. The plan she selected was only $50/month, so I thought I would be o.k. even if she had some financial difficulties. Within a matter of days, Kathleen ran up approximately $2,000 in phone calls - she was maliciously using the phone with no regards for my financial situation (I was a broke student at the time). It goes without saying that Kathleen did not make any payments.

After alot of hard work, I was able to find Kathleen's parents and we tracked her down at a hotel with some guy. We brought Kathleen to her parents' house in San Diego to confront her and arrange payment for my bill. She signed a contract with me agreeing to repay the money. She then locked herself in her parents' bathroom, called one of her friends, then took off running out the front door and sped off in her friend's car once the friend arrived. I never did recover any of the money that she owed me. Her parents were very kind, though. They worked some overtime and paid me a little bit of money towards the balance, but they couldn't afford to pay the entire bill. They even encouraged me to file suit against their daughter because they felt it was the right thing to do.

Kathleen Legaspi has no conscience and is a completely malicious person who does not care one ounce about other people. She wouldn't think twice about stealing every dime from someone. She is not the kind of person that could ever be a friend to anyone. If you meet this person, stay far away! And, whatever you do, never do her any financial favors. She will work very hard to make sure that you trust her and find her to be a good friend - then, without hesitation, she will turn on you and cause you alot of harm!

Robert
Central, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2008 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kathleen-Legaspi-Kathleen-Kafashian-Kat-Legaspi-Kat-Kafashian/San-Diego-California/Kathleen-Legaspi-Kathleen-Kafashian-Kat-Legaspi-Kat-Kafashian-Malicious-fraudulent-act-357750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kathleen Legaspi, Kathleen Kafashian, Kat Legaspi, Kat Kafashian