Complaint Review: Key Hyundai

• Submitted: Wed, April 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 09, 2009

• Reported By:Naugatuck Connecticut
Key Hyundai
566 Bridgeport Avenue Milford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Key Hyundai Manager Larry Merriam Fraudulently Witholds My Deposit Milford Connecticut

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Who are you so we can refund your deposit...

Larry took a $2,000 "refundable" deposit to hold a vehicle while my credit application was being processed. He claimed that if my application was not approved or if I changed my mind for any reason within 3 business days he would refund me in full.

Within one day I learned my application had been denied and I asked for a refund of my deposit. I contacted Larry several times by leaving voice messages, messages with his receptionist and via email and received no response for 10 days! At that point he claimed it was past the time I would be eligible for a refund and claimed he had not received any of my messages. Furthermore, he refused a refund based on my credit application denial becasue he fopund a creditor willing to make a loan if I could come up with a 50% down payment.

A 50% down payment would require $10,000. I could not possibly come up with $10,000....not even with my tax refund. Upon my initial loan application Larry claimed $2,000 would be all I need for a down payment.

At this point I'm stuck with no transportation and Key Hyundai is holding the only money I had to make a down payment for a vehicle purchase.

Jeremy
Naugatuck, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Key-Hyundai/Milford-Connecticut-06460/Key-Hyundai-Manager-Larry-Merriam-Fraudulently-Witholds-My-Deposit-Milford-Connecticut-445845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Key Hyundai

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Who are you so we can refund your deposit...

AUTHOR: Jill - (U.S.A.)

I am Larry's daughter, Jill. My father has not been involved in the day to day operations of the dealership since December. So, not sure how you got his name or why you've been trying to contact him for a refund. It's a little strange that you would use the owner's name when talking about a deposit refund and not your sales person, the office manager, or anyone else.

If this is indeed legitimate and you are in fact owed a refund, please contact me directly or contact your sales associate and Key Hyundai will get it back to you promptly. Key Hyundai isn't in the business of holding anyone's deposit. I find this entry a little suspicious because you don't say who you are or who your sales person is.

I look forward to getting your name, your sales person and when you put down your deposit so we can get you your money back.

Thanks! Jill