Complaint Review: LA Weightloss

• Submitted: Mon, September 24, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 24, 2007

• Reported By:Sophia North Carolina
LA Weightloss
621 W. Plano Pkwy Plano, Texas U.S.A.

LA Weightloss Will not help resolve dispute with GE MoneyBank on cancelled purchase within 3 day period Plano Texas

At the LA Weightloss Center in High Point, NC I agreed to purchase 55 boxes of LA Lites 6 months same as cash through CareCredit/GE MoneyBank for $610.61. On 6/11/07 I cancelled the order before the 3 day resention period was up. Michelle Black, counselor and manager at that center, verbally agreed to cancel the agreement and promised to contact their corporate office and Care Credit/GE MoneyBank to cancel the transaction. She would call me back, gave me her toll free cell number and advised I could "call her anytime". I waited a couple of weeks for an appropriate reply and received none. I started calling her. No replies. I called the center. She would not take my calls. I spoke to Jeannie, a counselor, and she advised that Michelle was going to honor my cancellation request. In the meantime I am receiving invoices from GE MoneyBank with finance charges. I call the district manager, Debbie Shupe, in Winston-Salem, NC. She advised she could not help me. Finally, I realized that I would get nowhere with these people and filed a written dispute with Care Credit/GEMB on 8/24/07. Mind you I cancelled the order and have not received any product for these charges. On 9/6/07 I received a letter from Care Credit/GEMB that my dispute was under review. Ok, I thought, we're getting somwhere. On 9/8/07 I received a collection call (on a 6 months same as cash account) saying that the dispute had been settled in GEMB's favor! What in the world?!!! How can I be responsible to pay for product that I have not received? Also, I have not received anything in writing from GEMB giving me the full details of the dispute reply from LA Weightloss as I am entitled by law. That same day, I called the High Point, NC center and asked for Michelle. I was advised that she was aware of my situation and that I needed to talk to GEMB. I asked for last names and I was told they could not give out last names. In the meantime I am still getting collection calls from GEMB. On 9/23/07 I received another call from GEMB. This collector was sympathetic and advised that probably the reason they would not talk to me is becasue GEMB has paid LA Weightloss the money for the product and that LA Weightloss probably isn't willing to return the funds. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the NC Attorney General's office as well as contacting my local FOX affiliate to try and get some publicity. Isn't LA Weightloss a great company! NOT!!!!

Sophia, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2007 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Weightloss/Plano-Texas-75075/LA-Weightloss-Will-not-help-resolve-dispute-with-GE-MoneyBank-on-cancelled-purchase-within-275882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Weightloss