• Report: #219199

• Updated: Sun, November 05, 2006

• Reported By:bensalem Pennsylvania
LEAN RX
UNKNOWN, California U.S.A.

LEAN RX - RIPPED OFF AFTER CANCELLING HOODIA ACCT 7 MONTHS AGO $79.95 CHARGE TO CREDIT CARD 7 MONTHS AFTER CANCELLING HOODIA ACCOUNT BY CERTIFIED MAIL California

Last January I ordered the "Free" Hoodia after seeing a promotion on the news. I received the Hoodia and my credit card ended up being charge a total of $135.00 for the "free hoodia" and an unknown online exercise plan. I tried to fight but was told I did not read the fine print. My credit card number was passed onto an online exercise program (what the hell could that be???) without my permission and I was told because I ordered hoodia I inadvertently gave permission to be billed for exercise program. I immediately sent a certified letter cancelling my account as requested by hoodia and I thought that was the end of it, I learned a lesson about internet buying ripoffs.

Well, 7 months later, I saw a charge on my debit card for $79.95 without product or explanation from a place called Lean RX. I called and spoke to a female rep named Bobbie on 9-28-06 and was told that her company took over hoodia and because I cancelled by certified mail (she found evidence of same) that I would be reimbursed within 4 weeks. Over a month and many calls later I am still waiting. How can any company just deduct $79.95 from your bank account without permission?? How is this legal???? Any advice would be appreciated. I am attemping to find an actual address to send a certified letter again. I just want my money back.

Karen
bensalem, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2006 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEAN-RX/UNKNOWN-California/LEAN-RX-RIPPED-OFF-AFTER-CANCELLING-HOODIA-ACCT-7-MONTHS-AGO-7995-CHARGE-TO-CREDIT-CAR-219199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEAN RX