Complaint Review: LITTLE FORGOTTEN FRIENDS DOG RESCUE

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 25, 2009

• Reported By:kingston New York
LITTLE FORGOTTEN FRIENDS DOG RESCUE
67 RIDGE DR, MIDDLETOWN, New York U.S.A.

LITTLE FORGOTTEN FRIENDS DOG RESCUE, LITTLE FORGOTTEN FRIENDS RESCUE IS A BOGUS SCAM MIDDLETOWN New York

*Consumer Comment: Never write when you're angry.

Do you know what I got for my $650?? A puppy with pneumonia, fleas, earmites and parasites! I should have known better. I should have realized that the place was filthy and that the puppy smelled like poo, but my kids were so excited, that we had to take the puppy home. not 24 hours later, when the puppy went to the vet we called this rescue AND e-mailed and were told to "deal with it" and that adoption fees were completely non-refundable. What a total scam. I wished I had adopted from a shelter. I can see now this was just someone selling dogs for money.

Mrralph
kingston, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LITTLE-FORGOTTEN-FRIENDS-DOG-RESCUE/MIDDLETOWN-New-York/LITTLE-FORGOTTEN-FRIENDS-DOG-RESCUE-LITTLE-FORGOTTEN-FRIENDS-RESCUE-IS-A-BOGUS-SCAM-MIDDL-473396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LITTLE FORGOTTEN FRIENDS DOG RESCUE

Never write when you're angry.

AUTHOR: dosdedos - ()

As someone who works in communications, I know the number 1 rule is to never write when you're angry. This person, obviously encountered a situation where he/she had unreasonable expectations. I have adopted from this animal rescue knowing full well that the animals being adopted out were pulled from often times, horrific situations. While Maria (the owner) did her best to care for the animals and improve their health, you have to go into the adoption situation knowing that the dog may have health issues. Maria had a network of people, including vets, that worked with her, doing the best they could, with limited funds.

For one person to save as many neglected and abused animals, foster them, get them veterinary care and then carefully place them with loving homes - well, the woman is a saint in my eyes and did exactly what she set out to do. I can't believe someone would be so hostile launching internet tirades across various sites against Little Forgotten Friends Rescue? The claims that the rescue was purchasing dogs from mills and reselling them for profit is ludicrous. If that were the case, they would deal in only puppies! Not elderly and special needs dogs. Maria worked to find homes for the "less desirable" dogs that "lived" horrible lives in tiny cramped cages, forced to breed time and time again, without any care all for the profit of greedy people. Really? You think she's a scam artist?

The fees you paid at the time of adoption went to cover the care of all the animals there. Considering Maria often had 10s of dogs there, do you really think $500 is a lot of money? You think that funded a lavish lifestyle? No. It paid to keep the utilities on, the dogs fed, the vets paid, it bought the meds, the beds, the wee-wee pads, the treats, the blankets, etc. It's ridiculous how cruel people are to make such outlandish claims, giving no thought to the fact that they (and this person is alone in this, as i've checked around an NO OTHER SUCH CLAIMS EXIST) are ruining someone reputation. Way to go. Your irrational behavior is a hinderance to other dogs getting adopted. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I don't know Maria personally, but dealt with her for well over a month as I was screened and scrutinized, ensuring that IF I were allowed to adopt from her, the dog would have a great life. She does her homework and does her absolute best to ensure the poor dogs she has rescued end up knowing kindness, security and the love of a good home. Once I was approved for adoption I can tell you I (then 24 and living an avg middle-class life) was happy to donate $500 between my fiance and myself, to her rescue. If we had more, we would've given more because it truly is admirable what Maria did at Little Forgotten Friends Rescue. I really, sincerely wish Ripoff Report would screen the claims made by people like this better, because it is absolutely off-base and tragically something like this can keep others from re-homing these rescue dogs.

responses