Complaint Review: LabCorp

• Reported By: Wolf — Sarasota Florida United States of America
LabCorp
East Ave Sarasota, Florida United States of America

LabCorp Incompetent Sarasota, Florida

*General Comment: It is a Rip Off you twit!

*General Comment: How Exactly is this a Ripoff?

Went to Labcorp for routine medical tests. 1217 East Ave, Sarasota

When I arrived there were several elderly patients arguing with confrontational Labcorp employees that they had provided urine samples while the staff insisted that they had not. One elderly man stated that he witnessed his sample being stolen.

When my turn came, my blood was drawn and I was handed a cup and a plastic lid that looked like a paper coffee cup. It had my name written on it with pen, no number.  I was told to go into a bathroom. The bathroom was filthy and there were numerous puddles and spots of urine on the floor, the counters, the sinks. There were also several rings of urine left by previous cups on the counter. [continued below]....
..... It was apparent that the urine was from numerous persons. I have photos of the disgusting conditions.

I was not given an alcohol wipe or instructed to wipe my hands. The woman scolded me for handing her the cup and told me to leave it on the dirty counter. I told her that the bathroom was filthy and she said someone clean it later.

I am 50 years old and have utilized the health system in several states, Mexico, Central America and South America. I have never witnessed such a bizarre situation and unsanitary conditions in a healthcare facility. This facility is below third world standards and the integrity of any results could not be reliable due to cross contamination.

It has now been 12 days and I have an appointment with my Dr to review the results. I phoned the office to check if they had them. Sure enough they did not have them. An employee and RN had spent the afternoon trying to contact LabCorp to obtain the results. LabCorp had no record of me in their system.

This company is incompetent on every level I experienced. I just can not even believe they can be allowed to even operate in such a serious endeavor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2010 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LabCorp/Sarasota-Florida-/LabCorp-Incompetent-Sarasota-Florida-587616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LabCorp

#1 General Comment

It is a Rip Off you twit!

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

When a service is provided that you pay for, whether through insurance or out of your own pocket, you have the expectation of that service being provided in a professional manner.  When it is a health facility or laboratory, you expect at the least, sanitary conditions.  This forum is to alert the public of the types of services to avoid.  The OP did not get what they paid for.  Enough for you?

#2 General Comment

How Exactly is this a Ripoff?

AUTHOR: CromwellD - (USA)

As the title to my rebuttal states, how exactly is this a ripoff?