Complaint Review: Larry Miller Toyota

• Reported By: geologyjohn — Sun City West Arizona United States of America
Larry Miller Toyota
8425 West Bell Road Peoria, AZ 85382 Peoria, Arizona United States of America

Larry Miller Toyota unethical and deceptive practices Peoria, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: MANIPULATION POEM...

Larry Miller service dept. is indeed unethical.  At two different times and by two different people, Larry Miller service department gave me a service quote of $239.95 that they would not honor once I arrived at their service department.  During the first week of April, 2012 I called a Larry Miller "service advisor" about the cost of replacing a 2001 Camry 6 cylinder timing belt. I stated I could get belt replace at a Glendale garage for $239.95 parts and labor........he said "we can match that". I said I would make an appt. at a later date. I called Larry Miller service April 19 (or 20th) and spoke to Richard Magman. I re-stated the earlier discussiion & quote of $239.95 parts & labor for the belt replacement.....he said "we can do that" and then made an appt. to have it done at 12:00, April 26. I drove my Camry into the service dept. at 11:40 and was told I was not on their schedule. I told Nick Parisi (service advisor) of my earlier conversation with Richard Magman and then Parisi called Magman to the service area where Magman went through his notes but could not find the info. on me or my shedualed appointment. We went upstairs where he went through more of his notes and then found my information. The price and appt. time was plainly written down. By this time I've been dealing with this matter for well over an hour. In addition, I rearranged my entire day around being without a car for the afternoon. He apologized for not following through and scheduling me as he said he would. He also stated that the $239.95, quoted to me, was less than they normally charge and would have to clear it with the service director (Rick Decke). That the normal replacement cost was $349.95. We went down stairs to Decke's office where I (again) explained what took place and he responded " we can't replace your timing belt for $239.95. I responded by saying " you can replace it for 239.95 but you choose not to". He responded "that's right". I was not offered an apology or an explanation by Decke.

This is my second bad experience I've had with Larry Miller Toyota and will be my last

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-Miller-Toyota/Peoria-Arizona-85382/Larry-Miller-Toyota-unethical-and-deceptive-practices-Peoria-Arizona-877311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry Miller Toyota

MANIPULATION POEM...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

is available at this website.

Just type in 502469 at this site and it appears as 'Consumer Comment #20' at Ripoff Report #502469.

WELCOME TO LARRY MILLER TOYOTA- WE WILL MANIPULATE YOU INTO BELIEVING THAT YOUR COST FOR REPAIRS WILL BE LOWER THAN IT WILL ACTUALLY BE BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY WE CONDUCT BUSINESS AT OUR TOYOTA DEALERSHIP

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC