Complaint Review: Lenovo IBM ThinkPad

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
1009 Think Place Morrisville, North Carolina U.S.A.

IBM ThinkPad - Lenovo Batteries Ripoff, Scam, Lenovo Scam, IBM Scam, Ripoff, Battery doesn't last Morrisville North Carolina

Lenovo is a scam when it comes to Thinkpad batteries. I called Lenovo after buying a new $3000 Thinkpad computer a little over one year ago. Ever since I purchased the computer the batteries have been charging less and less. Finally, both Lenovo batteries died so I called Lenovo support to get them replaced. I was told that the battery warranty is only for one year and that while I could extend my laptop warranty, Lenovo doesn't extent the warranty on the Thinkpad battery. They were rude and told me that they test the laptop batteries and that they only last from 6 months to 2 years. A $3,000 computer with an extra battery and both batteries died after one year!! They said they would not replace the batteries and that I would have to buy new ones. Each battery costs over $200! That means that every year a person would have to spend $400 to keep a Thinkpad running on battery? Lenovo is a complete ripoff. Had they told me about that when I bought the Lenovo Thinkpad, I would have never bought it. Over 5 years, I would have a total investment of $5000! That's a crime! I'm sure I'm not the only person caught by this Lenovo Thinkpad battery scam! The support center said they get these calls all day. Someone should do something to put a stop to this. I don't think Lenovo would sell many computers if people knew about this problem. I will never buy another Thinkpad based on the terrible Lenovo service and the Thinkpad battery scam.

Ami sha
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenovo-IBM-ThinkPad/Morrisville-North-Carolina-27560/IBM-ThinkPad-Lenovo-Batteries-Ripoff-Scam-Lenovo-Scam-IBM-Scam-Ripoff-Battery-does-452996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenovo IBM ThinkPad