Complaint Review: Les Schwab Bremerton

• Submitted: Mon, March 14, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, December 26, 2009

• Reported By:silverdale Washington
Les Schwab Bremerton
St Hwy 303 Bremerton, Washington U.S.A.

Les Schwab Bremerton ripoff would not let me leave store with out buying 4 new tires Bremerton Washington

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Here is your sign

*Consumer Comment: They tried the same thing with my wife

*Consumer Suggestion: What a blatent, abusive scam"

I went to a few differnt tire stores today and non of them would replace just my front tires because my back tires were two different sizes. They would not warrenty front tires if the back tires were off balance. I looked at my paper work and les schwab was the last place to put tires on my car.

I went in to LS and informed them about this problem and trhey told me there was nothing they could do because the tires were 2000 miles over their warenty. so i asked them for a price quote for 2 front tires. the guy said we cant replace just the front because of the sizes in the back.

So i asked what kind of discount they were willing to give me since it was obviouse that it was there screw up in the first place, and he said the best they could do was give me the sale price for 4 new tires or $240 bucks.

I told him that the other tire store down the road quoted me 179 for all 4 tires and i would just take my buisness there if LS wasnt willing to help me. He then told me that my 2 front tires wernt with in legal boundaries adn he wouldnt let me leave.

I told him that was theft, and he had no right to hold my vehicle when i was just going 2 blocks down the road. He told me that was fine i could leave but he would call the State patrol on me if i left the parking lot. So i then called my sister, and asked her to purchase 4 new 185/65R14 tirees from discount tire and breing them to les schwab and i would install them in the parking lot.

the guy didnt like that and told me that i wasnt alowed to do any work on there property adn he would have me arrested. So basically because they screwed up 3 years ago by putting 2 different size tires on my car i was forced to pay a 1/4 more than i needed to. I called a friend of mine who used to work at LS and he told me they thing about the police was right but they should have given me more of a discount because it was threre screw up in the first place.

I will never shop at LS ever again. They took advantage of me because i was a female and obviously didnt know what my rights were. so all women beware of your rights before purchasing anything! I am next contacting corporate if i can find their information. but even if they give me every cent back i still will nver go back ther again.

Annie
silverdale, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2005 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab-Bremerton/Bremerton-Washington-98311/Les-Schwab-Bremerton-ripoff-would-not-let-me-leave-store-with-out-buying-4-new-tires-Breme-134983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab Bremerton

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Here is your sign

AUTHOR: Customers who think they know! - (United States of America)

To the customer who had a problem with LS, first let me tell you that the company was doing something called POLICY.....If you had left with your tires on the car and drove only 2 blocks down and the tire blew or fell off, would you then sue LS because it was there fault that they let you leave 2 BLOCKS down the road, or would you  take the blame for yourself. Maybe you should think about that fact the LS employee was only think of you and protecting them in process. If you are so stupid to think that after 3 years you were going to recieve a discount for them then ever store you go to should have that same policy and then you would shop no where....Think about that you are one person and LS is still going strong.

They tried the same thing with my wife

AUTHOR: Tired-of-Stupidity - (USA)

Les Schwab of Bremerton, on Wheaton Way, tried the exact same thing with my wife a few years back.  They told her she couldn't leave the shop because she had too much wear on her tires.  They told her that they wouldn't let her have her car and leave unless she purchased four new tires.  This was a huge mistake as my wife is neither a shrinking wallflower nor car-stupid.  She told them to go screw themselves, they needed to give her the car back NOW or she would call the police for theft.  Needless to say she drove away without purchasing any new tires.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

What a blatent, abusive scam"

AUTHOR: Adolph - (U.S.A.)

Quote:"He then told me that my 2 front tires wernt with in legal boundaries adn he wouldnt let me leave."
At that time, he should've been asked to produce a DOT or State Police badge and paperwork to illustrate authority to enact such procedures. Just who the hell did he think he was?.
It's too bad you didn't encourage him to "call the State patrol on me if I left the parking lot". They have considerably more important tasks at hand of which he doubtless would be told in no uncertain words. (That's if you're not in Mesa City, AZ)
Such a blow-hard, egotistical, narcisstic, lying low life, SOB I've never net.(fortunately) Frankly, though,I think I'd welcome the chance.

manufacturer