Complaint Review: Lingo Inc - Primus Telecommunications

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:Scott AFB Illinois
Lingo Inc - Primus Telecommunications
7901 Jones Branch Dr., Suite 900 McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

Lingo Inc - Primus Telecommunications Changed Length of Contract and Calls it Legal McLean Virginia

In a few months I will be moving yet again and as I prepared now for that time I contacted my internet phone service, Lingo, to figure out what needed to be done to cancel the service at the end of our year.

In talking with a customer service rep I was informed that I would be charged $99.95 to cancel my phone service with them since my 2 year agreement was not up. I told them that I didn't sign a 2 year agreement I only signed a 1 year agreement (cancellation fee $39.99)and it would expire here in a month and a half.

The Lingo customer service representative and her supervisor both stated that Lingo reserved the right to change the length of my contract under the Terms and Conditions. I responded back that I had read the Terms and Conditions and had the original copy in front of me. I told them that the Terms and Condition state that they can change the price of there services but it no were states that they can change the length of the contract.

They then asked that I fax them a copy of my agreement with them so they can make sure that I really do have an official Lingo document. When I demanded to speak with someone from Corporate office I was told that they did not have a phone number for Corporate office. After I pressed them they admitted that they had it but would not give that information to me. But if I wanted to e-mail there escalations office I could do that and someone would get back to me.

Customer Service did admit to me that some 1 year contracts were changed when they implemented there new 2 year agreement.

After spending a few hours searching I was able to get an actual phone number for corporate office and have a call into the company plus an email into escalations...still waiting for a response to the email and a phone call.

I will never do business again with this company. I will strongly speak out against this company to anyone thinking of getting internet phone service through them. After figuring out what name to look under at the BBB I found them to have a 'F' rating for numerous complaints. It doesn't surprise me.

Scott AFB, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lingo-Inc-Primus-Telecommunications/McLean-Virginia-22102/Lingo-Inc-Primus-Telecommunications-Changed-Length-of-Contract-and-Calls-it-Legal-McLean-471504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lingo Inc - Primus Telecommunications