Complaint Review: Lowes

• Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: Jeaneen — McCalla Alabama United States of America
Lowes
1201 19th St.N. Bessemer, Al. 35020 Internet United States of America

Lowes I was sold a defective refrigerator as new. Only had 2 days before it went out. I bought a 4 year extended warranty as well and I have been trying sence 7/10 - 7/12 and still havent resolved this prob Internet

*Consumer Comment: This rebutt is not new

*Consumer Comment: Sorry you're still having trouble with your 'fridge, but...

I was sold a defective refrigerator as new. on 7/12/10. The refrigerator was still in the box when we brought it home. I only had it two days before it went out, so I called Lowes and told them it was broken, they told me that they would send a repair company out as soon as possible.After two weeks I called back to see when the repair company would be coming out, they said they would call me back with a time and date. After a few days when I did not hear from them I called them back, they told me after about 35 minutes they told me some one would be out on 8/14/10. No one ever called or showed upon that date.

I called Lowes once again to tell them that I was returning the refrigerator, they informed me that I only had a 30 day return policy and that I could not return it. This really upset me, because I belive that they were putting me off untill my 30 days were up. Long story short this is 7/24/12 and this will be the 22nd time they have sent out a repair man to repair my refrigerator and Ive been trying to get them out here sence May. Please dont buy anything from any Lowes stores because you may be the next one writing your coplaint about them

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes/internet/Lowes-I-was-sold-a-defective-refrigerator-as-new-Only-had-2-days-before-it-went-out-I-b-916682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowes

This rebutt is not new

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

I'm making a small claim against this rebutt

Sorry you're still having trouble with your 'fridge, but...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Lowes I was sold a defective refrigerator as new."

You infer the refrigerator was not new.  If this is the case, and you bought it as new, you should file claim against them in small claims court and advise the BBB and your states attorney general.