Complaint Review: MERRICK BANK CREDIT CARDS

UTAH Internet United States of America

MERRICK BANK CREDIT CARDS SCAM ARTIST , Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: the truth

*Consumer Comment: merrickbankcard-deadline issue

This is a first for me...since when do you pay a credit card by time and not the date?  I was charged a $35 late fee on the due date, because I did not pay online by 5:00 EST.  The very fraustrated woman on the other side of the phone reminded me that I could pay her over the phone for a $10 fee to process my payment until 12:00 midnight.  I told her she was nuts and so was the scam artists who get's away with this.  I told her to close my account and have a great day.

I am contacting the Feds to see if this is all legal.  I know the government is tracking a lot of these credit card companies for illegal activities.  Matter of fact, I am in a class action lawsuit against Bank of America for there slimey tactics.

A company like Merrick Bank and all the others live off of BLOOD MONEY...how do they sleep at night:(  What God has given you...he will take away!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2012 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MERRICK-BANK-CREDIT-CARDS/internet/MERRICK-BANK-CREDIT-CARDS-SCAM-ARTIST-Internet-908521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MERRICK BANK CREDIT CARDS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

the truth

AUTHOR: ajcase - (United States of America)

As an ex employee all I can say is read your addendum you received and prob didn't read

merrickbankcard-deadline issue

AUTHOR: kimmie - (United States of America)

first, I must say I empathize with your disgust, a 5 pm curfew on a last minute bill payment is irksome,to say the least; the extremely high penalty fee (fleecing, extortion, and "just wrong" immediately pop into one's head) is a slap in the face, and in my opinion, poor customer service. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon and Merrick is actually one of the more reasonable unsecured card services out there for those of us with less than perfect or simply no credit rating . In their defense, they do not charge outrageous initial startup fees or or rape one with insane interest rates
Honestly, they are one of the more reasonable companies, if you call instead of pay online they are apt to disregard the fee as long as your account is in good standing.

The company that nearly sent me into shock , informing me that they were waiving my post 5pm $35 late fee because I was unable to complete my payment online due to a glitch on their end. Nevertheless, I was appalled, insulted , and irate  my credit history with them better than good. I still had a decent job and was well on my way to having my computer and warranties paid off, they had just doubled my limit. I was a Preferred customer .

That was the first encounter I had with the 5 pm cutoff
The company was Dell
I was even more disgusted when my 1 year warranty was up in 6 months ,apparently one may only experience 3 "incidences" in a year . I made some sarcastic remarks on how in "Dellywood' 6 months constituted a year attempting to let off some steam , unfortunately the banks and large corporations have the disappearing middle class by the short hairs so to speak .
The sad truth is that money is a "necessary evil" in today's society and capitalism is no longer a meritorious system,fairness, honesty, and a willingness to work hard and EARN a living are evaporating ideals.     Perhaps we should start a reality show