Report: #619553

Complaint Review: Merrick Bank Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, July 02, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 02, 2010
  • Reported By: Collectors are scum — Southern Illinois U.S.A.
  • Merrick Bank Corporation
    10705 South Jordan Gateway #200
    South Jordan, Utah
    United States of America

Merrick Bank Corporation CardWorks, LP; Cardholder Management Services, LLC; Merrick Bank Credit Cards; Merrick Bank Credit Card Predatory and Deceptive Practices Employed to Steal From Consumers South Jordan, Utah

Merrick has made it a standard policy to STEAL from their victims (customers), the consumer.  After being a customer for over six (6) years, Merrick raised their interest rate by over seven (7)%, so I "opted out" of their card, even so, they applied their new legal-theft interest rate to my balance, which I have not charged against in almost two years.

To make the situation even worse, I went to double my monthly payment so I could pay the balance down more expeditiously, and these scoundrels have the website set up to accept ONLY the minimum, or pay it off in full. Come on Merrick, nothing like doing everything you can to make it difficult to pay the card off.

The non sub-prime cards that I have from reputable "real" banks allow me to make any amount of recurring payment I choose. Additionally, notice how some of these sub-prime card websites are set up so you can't see the payment due amount or due date until you get within a "set range" of the impending due date. I have two questions that should make it very clear. 1. Why do you suppose these sub-prime card companies choose to operate in this deceptive manner? 2. Why do you suppose that these sub-prime card companies are allowed to operate in this deceptive manner?

It doesn't take a liar, oops, I mean lawyer to see what these sub-prime scoundrels are doing to Americans that were burned in an economic disaster that was, in fact, created by these same sub-prime scoundrels.  Just how much is YOUR house worth today my friend?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2010 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/merrick-bank-corporation/south-jordan-utah-84095/merrick-bank-corporation-cardworks-lp-cardholder-management-services-llc-merrick-bank-619553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content