Complaint Review: MERRICK BANK - VISA

• Submitted: Thu, July 09, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Bloomingdale Illinois
MERRICK BANK - VISA
Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

MERRICK BANK - VISA Fraudulent New Fee Old Bethpage New York

After 5 years of paying off my balance every month, and no monthly fees, I have been notified by Merrick Bank that they are NOW charging me a monthly fee of $4.00!

When I called to complain, I was told that everyone is now being charged this NEW monthly fee.

My 2nd complaint about this matter, is that I received their Letter, dated July 6, 2009, informing me of the NEW monthly fee on July 08, 2009.

The letter further stated that if I did not want to pay the fee, I would have to close my account by July 21, 2009. Now how can anyone close this card and open a New Charge Account within that short time span?? Even if you apply for a New Charge Card online, the new card will not be mailed or activated in that short time span.

Grandma
Bloomingdale, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2009 04:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MERRICK-BANK-VISA/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/MERRICK-BANK-VISA-Fraudulent-New-Fee-Old-Bethpage-New-York-467731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MERRICK BANK - VISA