Complaint Review: MWI* Connections

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
MWI* Connections
www.dealpass.com Internet U.S.A.

MWI* Connections ripoff fraudulent billing Internet

I found a $96.00 charge on my last credit card bill from a company called MWI* Connections, whoever in hell they are. When I called the 800 number listed, the only options I was given were to either order something or to enter my phone number...I did the phone number...

After entering my phone number, I was told that my account had been closed (what account would that be?), and that was all there was to it...never spoke to a human being, only a machine.

So I went to the website they provided (www.dealpass.com), sent email "To Whom it May Concern" stating that I had no clue who this company is, and that I had NEVER authorized any charges to my credit card by them. I also informed them that they could remove the charges, and that I would be contacting the proper authorities about what they're doing.

The scary thing to me is: How did they get my credit card number? Almost makes me think twice about buying anything online, ya know?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

CLICKE HERE ...*EDitor's NOTICE ..MWI Lawsuit filed

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2003 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Connections/internet/MWI-Connections-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-Internet-40231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI* Connections