Complaint Review: Maaco Auto Painting And Bodyworks Independence Missouri

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By:Independence Missouri
Maaco Auto Painting And Bodyworks Independence Missouri
2605 N Hub Dr. Independence, MO 64055 Independence, Missouri U.S.A.

Maaco Auto And Bodyworks Maaco Auto Painting And Bodyworks ripoff, mechanics lien, bad paint job, wrong color, paint, bodywork, cars, franchise Independence Missouri

*UPDATE Employee: Maaco Ripoff

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: New Ownership

*General Comment: Advice taken

You'd be wise not to have your vehicle painted here. Trust me from personal experience it can be a nightmare.
I had a vehicle painted there that I spent long hours preparing for this paint job, only to be sorely disappointed with the job they did.

In short, I refused to pay for such shoddy work and they weren't willing to give me any kind of satisfaction, repainting it or discounting the awful paint job weren't options from them. They applied for the title to my vehicle by means of a mechanics lien and sold it soon afterward.

The reason I know it was shoddy work is because it was the wrong color. I have before and after photos, along with instructions on the color. They admitted that they didn't make a note on the paper to the painter on the proper color to use on my vehicle.

I have photos, documents and more to prove these allegations. So if your MAACO you'd be wise not to consider slander because it is the truth and I have freedom of speech on my side and any smart webmaster would be wise not to get involved.

MAACO cost me a lot of money doing what they did and if I can reach one potential customer of theirs I will have got my money back ten fold. Oh and don't believe their TV ads they are come ons. One final bit of advice, don't trust this greedy outfit with your pride and joy.

Sal
Independence, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2004 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco-Auto-Painting-And-Bodyworks-Independence-Missouri/Independence-Missouri-64055/Maaco-Auto-And-Bodyworks-Maaco-Auto-Painting-And-Bodyworks-ripoff-mechanics-lien-bad-pai-80830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco Auto Painting And Bodyworks Independence Missouri

Maaco Ripoff

AUTHOR: Jeremy - (United States of America)

I am the manager of the Independence Maaco. I would like to start with new ownership was established in 2006 and the current owner has been in the Maaco Industry for 20 yrs. This experience is completely out of line but Maaco is individually owned and operated. Therefore please dont pre-judge Independence Maaco for a injustice that was done almost 10 yrs ago and by a previuos owner.

We encourage you to come by and see our work and look forward to making you a satisfied consumer!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

New Ownership

AUTHOR: MIKE - (United States of America)

The Maaco in Independence, MO has been under new ownership since 2007.  This ripoff report is 8 years old.  It needs to be deleted.

#3 General Comment

Advice taken

AUTHOR: Teri - (U.S.A.)

I was considering using the Independence Maaco franchise, but after reading this report decided not to.  I would think that  filing a small claims suit, rather than allow the business to sell your car under a mechanics lein, would be the best course of action.  One question--does Maaco have hidden costs beyond their advertised prices?

Thanks!