Complaint Review: Maaco Collision Center

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: Jim — Manteca California
Maaco Collision Center
1120 Kansas Ave Modesto, California USA

Maaco Collision Center They took advantage of my trust and ripped me off. Only did 20% of the work and refused to return my car unless I paid the full amount. Modesto California

To Whom It May Concern:

I took my 1996 GMC Truck to Maaco Collision repair & Auto painting Center at:

MaacoCenter

1120 Kansas Ave

Modesto, CA95351

209-576-7722

They are advertising a Maaco Modesto Black Friday Sale. They are offer a 50% discount from the regular price of $599.95 on Urethane paint.  The salesperson told me that I would not like what I would get for the $300.00 I told him I didn’t understand since according to them it would be a $600.00 paint job and the only reason it would cost me $300.00 was because it was on sale.  He told me that they don’t make money by only getting $300.00.

I told him that the trucks paint was in good condition with the exception of a few area’s that needed a touch up and I would be keeping the same color thus very little would need to be done. He finally agreed to paint the truck for the $300.00 plus Tax.  I decided to have them paint my truck and left it with them November 25, 2013.

Today I was called and told the truck was ready for pick-up.  To my disbelieve, they have only painted the roof of the truck and refused to listen to me, and told me that for $300.00 that is all I get, and they don’t want to talk about anything. They claim I signed the work order and didn’t write that the entire truck would be painted. I didn’t write the work order.

My #31828 repair order has written on it the following:

Surface repair….light chip & scratch repair.

Sealers…….Universal sealer

Paint services ….base coat/performance clear coat. Refinish roof, blend as needed.

Paint comments……color will not be perfect match… which I signed.

Nowhere is it stated that I would only have the top of the truck painted or that it would be a partial job. Naturally, I feel I’m been violated, taken advantage of, ripped off. Customer service they have none. Moral judgment compass and ethics are not to be found.  They are a franchise and privately owned and operated. Anything you can do to remedy or add this to other possible complaints would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 10:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco-Collision-Center-/Modesto-California-95351/Maaco-Collision-Center-They-took-advantage-of-my-trust-and-ripped-me-off-Only-did-20-1102768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco Collision Center