Complaint Review: MacMall.com

• Reported By: ali — Rancho Cordova California
MacMall.com
, Select State/Province USA

MacMall.com MacMall Online dealer CA California

I recently purchased a refurbished laptop from MacMall because it was a great deal. After opening up and using it for couple of days I realized that it was sluggish or the speed was not up to my standards. So I contacted the customer service for the return of the item (it’s been only 8 days out of 14 days from return policy).  I am an avid internet shopper, but never have I experience such a bad customer service.

Not only are they rude, they seem to have self-concentered motto than customer satisfaction motto. They continuously interrupted me and treated me like i wasn’t a respectable human being. The First rep was the rudest. I thought maybe I was just unlucky to get a grumpy person, so I gave it another try and the second rep was much better but tactfully denied my request, however she did give me an option to call another department that may be able to help me.

According to the return policy form their website:

“if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return most items within 14 days of the date of shipment. We will exchange items or give you a refund for the full amount of your order. All returned items must be in their original box and include packing material, manuals and all accessories.”

I met all the criteria however, they forgot to mention that all laptops needs to go through a technical support process where the tech support has to determine if the laptop is eligible for a full refund or else It will be charged a 15% restocking fee + shipping back fee. How is that a good return policy and my most important question is why is it not stated in the return policy? Obviously they don’t care about their customer satisfaction. Almost all the reputable company has a better customer service standard than this or they at least clarify their standard much better than them.

So I decided to complain and try to other ways to resolve this issue before I dispute this transaction through my credit card company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2013 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MacMallcom/Select-StateProvince/MacMallcom-MacMall-Online-dealer-CA-California-1105430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MacMall.com