Complaint Review: Macy's - Steven Skinner

• Submitted: Sat, January 24, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 25, 2009

• Reported By:Greenwood Missouri
Macy's - Steven Skinner
115 E 4th Northside Mall #8 Maryvill, Missouri U.S.A.

Macys Allowed a company to add 9.42 on my credit card and will not remove it. New York New york

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Please read before you sign anything

I applied for a Macy's credit card and when i got the first bill there was a 9.42 charge for something I did not purchase. On December 4th when I called Macy's I was told I would have had to check a box on the application to NOT get the credit protection and the 9.42 charge. They also said they could not take it off i would have to call 877-268-7857 and ask them to remove it. I told Macy's to close the account. I then called this number right after Macy's and I spoke with a rep who agreed to remove the charge.

I just got my new bill from Macy's and there is not a credit for the 9.42. I called macy's again and the guy said I would have to call 877-268-7857 AGAIN, but they are only open Monday-Friday. I told him to note the account that i was not going to call the 877 number again and if that 9.42 ended up on my credit report I would be going to the Attorney general with it.

This is a TRUE RIPOFF!!!!

Betty ****
Greenwood, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys-Steven-Skinner/Maryvill-Missouri-64468/Macys-Allowed-a-company-to-add-942-on-my-credit-card-and-will-not-remove-it-New-York-New-415767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macy's - Steven Skinner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Please read before you sign anything

AUTHOR: Gabriela - (U.S.A.)

I worked at Macy's for over 10 years. I left a few years ago to go back to school and pursue a career in the medical field.

I worked as one of the salespersons on the floor and we had a quota of credit applications every month. I made plenty in sales and plenty in credit applications.

I know what box you are talking about. There are two boxes.
One box is to accept and to enroll in the credit protection and the other box is decline the credit protection. Not only do you check the box, but you put your initials on the line next to your choice. We had paper applications and could also do the application electronically. The electronic application gave you a printout of the credit card agreement, your account number, apr, and whether or not you accepted the credit card protection and etc.

Besides all that, you had x amount of time to cancel. I left the company over 2 years ago, and cant remember if it was 30 days or whatnot.

Regardless, if you checked the wrong box and initialized the wrong box then sorry but that is your error. The good news is that you are not locked into it. You can cancel anytime. The amount that you are charged is based on the total balance you carry.

I am sorry but this is not a ripoff. This is a error on your part. Unless Macy's has changed things, you can cancel immediately at anytime. It is a $9.42 error on your part. I would be more than willing to trade you any one of my financial errors.