Complaint Review: Maria V. Marcotte Maria V. Afonina AIG Problems

• Updated: Sat, December 06, 2008

• Reported By:TX Texas
Maria V. Marcotte Maria V. Afonina AIG Problems
aig.com Internet U.S.A.

Maria V. Marcotte Maria V. Afonina AIG Problems With Claims Claims department did not do their job, terrible customer service NYC Internet

I am very unhappy with a insurance company called AIG insurance. I paid this company so much money and they treated me terrible as a customer. I was just not in good situation and AIG was not friendly to work with. It required a lot of time and energy to get my money for an insurance claim.

AIG was very difficult to deal with. I had gone to several doctors and I needed to stay in the hospital in a foreign country where AIG waited copies of fax, phone numbers, receipts, emails where I had no transportation or car or even money but was in a hospital bed.

I sat in a hospital for a month and staying there for 2 months almost, with no money or insurance to rely on. It was aweful after I paid AIG money for insurance needs, they didn't make it easy for me at all.

After 6 months, I finally got my money back but the process to go through AIG claims was not worth it at all. Please don't think about AIG insurance, it was not easy to work with them, especially when you have no computer, phone, fax, email access, they treat you like you have to have all them to communicate with them. There are many companies out there that are much better than AIG, so shop and research these insurance companies when you need health insurance.

Jen
TX, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2008 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maria-V-Marcotte-Maria-V-Afonina-AIG-Problems/internet/Maria-V-Marcotte-Maria-V-Afonina-AIG-Problems-With-Claims-Claims-department-did-not-do-t-398610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maria V. Marcotte Maria V. Afonina AIG Problems