Complaint Review: Mark Gillece Plumbing

• Submitted: Thu, May 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 28, 2009

• Reported By:Bentleyville Pennsylvania
Mark Gillece Plumbing
4905 Library RD Bethel Park, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Mark Gillece Plumbing NEVER NEVER USE THIS COMPANY Bethel Park Pennsylvania

I called this company because my air conditioner was not cooling properly. When the 2 techs showed up they told me it was $150 right off the bat.

They proceeded to go down to the AC. They said that there was a freon leak. They stuck thier probe inside the AC abd it did set off the machine. They called me down and showed me what they found. They never took the cover to the AC off.

The techs proceeded to tell me that I would need a new AC. The cost of this?? $3500!!!

I had another AC guy come out to my house today for a second opinion. He actully removed the cover andthere was a leak. The leak was a loose nut!! After the nut was tightened and the cover replaced he proceeded to check the AC agin......and no leak.

So what cost me $245 for the "expert" visit and a potential $3500 for a new unit eneder cost me $40 for the second opinion. And the second AC man said if the leak returns it can be fixed for $250. There was no need for a brand new Ac!!!!

Demonchild
Bentleyville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2009 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Gillece-Plumbing/Bethel-Park-Pennsylvania-15102/Mark-Gillece-Plumbing-NEVER-NEVER-USE-THIS-COMPANY-Bethel-Park-Pennsylvania-456159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Gillece Plumbing