• Report: #204977

• Submitted: Mon, August 07, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, October 19, 2006

• Reported By:Lake Worth Florida
Maytag, Fedders
P.O. Box 813. 505 Martinsville Road Liberty Corner, New Jersey U.S.A.

Maytag, Fedders ripoff waranty, will not do work, spent three months of calling and emailing Fedders. Thier phone reps. lie lie. Liberty Corner New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Age of unit

The Fedders Office keeps ignoring my complaints about our A/C not working. We called their local service company and they never called back, ever.

We keep calling the 866-Maytag1 and every phone call is a different person. They act like this is the first time we called. I have been complaining since last summer about this A/C being loud. Now we have a bigger problem, it will not cool.

This is the second time. Now the Customer service said that no one was at home. We have caller ID and an answer phone.

I do not like calling someone a liar, but that is a lie.
Our office is in our home and we or someone is here 90% of a 24 hour day! The repair person that Customer service has us calling is about four (4) blocks from our house. Only once in the past year has anyone returned our calls. Then they were so confused

I asking Maytag to repair this one or send a new replacement, I they did not know if a technician was calling or service manager was calling?

I called today and now they tell me I have to wait for a regional manager to answer an email!

This company is pretty lame... and the warranty is a ripoff!

Curt
Lake Worth, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2006 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag-Fedders/Liberty-Corner-New-Jersey-07938/Maytag-Fedders-ripoff-waranty-will-not-do-work-spent-three-months-of-calling-and-emaili-204977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag, Fedders

Age of unit

AUTHOR: Kirsten - (U.S.A.)

How old is your unit? With most warrantys the parts are only good from one to five years. Maytag is a manufactor and works with contractors to fix their units, if your a/c is a newer model they could possible warranty a part but most likely you are still going to have to pay for the labor.

Depending on the age of the unit, you might be better off just hiring a HVAC contractor yourself to replace or repair the unit (replacing is always a better idea if the unit is 5 + years old since there are better efficiency ratings on newer units and PG&E usually offers a rebate).