Complaint Review: Meineke Muffler

• Updated: Wed, June 11, 2014

• Reported By: Meineke destroyed my car — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Meineke Muffler
4846 Spruce Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Meineke Muffler A simple oil change by Meineke destroyed the engine of my car Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I took my car for a simple oil change to Meineke on 48th and Spruce St in PHL. After it took way too long for the oil change to be completed and the manager was making sure everything was ok with the car I left with a bad feeling and thought I got ripped off. I went on a long trip and when I started the car about 3 weeks later the low oil light came on. Of course I replenished the oil but while driving the screw (which I would bet anything which was tightened by hands instead of with the correct tools) must have come undone and all the oil leaked out and the car immediately seized up. I contact Meineke and of course they stated they did nothing wrong when the first mechanic who looked at my car said this was negligencence and the screw was not tightened. Meineke is a company run by 'managers' who are not true mechanics and their customer service is less than zero. The response I received over the phone was beyone subpar and quite frankly rude. They do not care about your car or you at the location. DO NOT let them touch your car. I now have no option but to seek legal help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2014 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Muffler/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19143/Meineke-Muffler-A-simple-oil-change-by-Meineke-destroyed-the-engine-of-my-car-Philadelphi-1153954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Muffler