Complaint Review: Merchants Tire

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 10, 2009

• Reported By:VIRGINIA BEA CH Virginia
Merchants Tire
General Booth Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

Merchants Tire Auto dealer repairs Virginia Beach Virginia

I took my car to Merchants for an oil change and state inspection last week (Thursday). I also notified him that the window would not come down on the driver's side. He advised me it would be $90 to just look at the door. He later called and said the amount would be 600. I thought about it and decided to get a second opinion. So I called back and advised him that I would pick my car up today. I took my car to another car repair and he advised me that the door had never been opened because the plastic had not been cut. If anyone had opened the door, they would have noticed that the connection was loose.

This is the second time I have had an issue with Merchants. The first time I took a verhicle for something and of course they charged me 600 ( I think that's their favorite number). After I picked up the car, the guy made every excuse in the book for not being able to give me a receipt. I later found out that this guy was stealing from Merchants.

I'm not even sure that I got an oil change. I went back to merchants and asked for my $90 back because they didn't even open up the door; they just assumed that the motor was bad. Of course, the manager, Eddie, siad he would not give me my money back because he held the door for the repairman. Unfortunately, I believe the other repairman because I have friends who assure me that he is very honest and not trying to rip off anyone.

I work for the Navy and we have over 1700 individuals. I will try very hard to get the message out. Our service members and any consumer shouldn't be subjected to this kind of business.

V. ****

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23460/Merchants-Tire-Auto-dealer-repairs-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-478208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Tire