Complaint Review: Michigan Divorce Online Kimberly Davis David Smith

• Submitted: Tue, May 01, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2007

• Reported By:Highland Michigan
Michigan Divorce Online Kimberly Davis David Smith
626 Michigan Ave. Lansing Michigan Lansing, Michigan U.S.A.

Michigan Divorce Online Kimberly Davis, David Smith Posing as a State of Michigan Website they will steal your money and your identity Lansing Michigan Internet

I had a real wake up call last week!!! I trusted an internet web site that was a fraud.I'm writing this to warn anyone else living in the State of Michigan to beware that the website named MICHIGAN DIVORCE ONLINE is NOT affiliated with the State of Michigan as it presents itself to be.

In January 2007 I found MDO while searching for help for what should have been a very simple uncontested divorce.I filled out the requested general information and was given a case number by this site which uses the State of Michigan Seal along with pictures of the state capital,making it seem very legitimate.

The return email confirmed that I was eligible to use this service.I followed the directions and filled out the detailed information that was sent to be via email along with my bank card information to pay the $250.00 fee for this service which promises to prepare all forms by a Divorce Specialist and return them to you completed and ready to file in County Court.

After 2 months of weekly emails and phone calls to the desk of Kimberly Davis and David Smith (the only voice mails that are available when calling their number)I finally recieved a generic email stating that the email and phone systems had been down and this caused a processing delay.

Upon recieving this I again began the calls and emails and finally Miss Davis emailed me to state that I needed to complete my form as something happened the first time and some minor information was not on the form.

At this point she stated this was the only hold up and I would be recieving my completed forms.I did as requested and have never heard from them again.Now 4 months later I have no divorce forms,but Michigan Divorce Online has my $250.00,access to my Bank accounts,and all the personal information (including physical descriptions)on both myself and my husband.They have our INDENTITIES whenever they choose to use them.

I warn you to not fall for this and if you already have,file a Police Report,close all your bank accounts,Pull Credit reports on all 3 Credit agencies and have them flag your accounts to be watched.File a report with your District attorney,State Attorney General Mike Cox (see his article on Michigan.gov)and the Better Business Bureau. Read up on identity theft and take it seriously,I am Now!!!

Cathy
Highland, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2007 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michigan-Divorce-Online-Kimberly-Davis-David-Smith/Lansing-Michigan-Internet/Michigan-Divorce-Online-Kimberly-Davis-David-Smith-Posing-as-a-State-of-Michigan-Website-246410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michigan Divorce Online Kimberly Davis David Smith