Complaint Review: Midwest Center For Stress And Anxiety,

• Submitted: Fri, March 07, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 13, 2012

• Reported By:St. Paul Minnesota
Midwest Center For Stress And Anxiety,
PO Box 205 Oak Harbor, Ohio U.S.A.

Midwest Center For Stress And Anxiety, STRESSED OUT by the MIDWEST CENTER FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY, Ripped off to the tune of $400.00 dollars. Oak Harbor Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THANX

*Consumer Comment: Me too!

*Consumer Comment: Was it really a ripoff?

*Consumer Suggestion: Reg E

I saw "Lucinda Bassett" on the infomercial for Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety on TV and Ordered the free CD over the phone. I ok'ed a small charge for shipping. The operator did not inform me that they were sending me the whole ball of wax.

The whole program arrived. When I opened the box the invoice was for $400.00. Once I saw the invoice I did not open any of the contents of the box (they were all shrink wrapped individually) including the so called free CD.

I didn't read any more information included, just closed the box and set it aside to be returned and kind of put it in the back of my mind. When I saw the charge on my debit card for $400.00. I did go to return it.I read the invoice for a return address and it said I needed a RA number.

When I called them for an RA (return authorization) number. They said I was past the free trial period and could not return it. I WAS over the free trial period that was on the invoice, BY TWO Days. I tried to explain what happened and that I couldn't afford the $400.00. They refused to try to help me.

I then sent the box back through the Post Office and requested a signature conformation when it was delivered. I recieved the conformation with a signature that they recieved the package. I then got a letter that informed me they received the box but they were unable to refund my $400.00.

I have called numerous times but I get the same runaround. I even sent them a letter as to why I was requesting a refund, as they requested. Got a letter back with the same song and dance.

They still are refusing me a refund AND they have the box with everything intact. For a company with the name "Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety, Inc."
that advertises a cure for depression and anxiety, they sure have stressed my family and me extensively.

St. Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2008 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midwest-Center-For-Stress-And-Anxiety/Oak-Harbor-Ohio-43449/Midwest-Center-For-Stress-And-Anxiety-STRESSED-OUT-by-the-MIDWEST-CENTER-FOR-STRESS-AND-315639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midwest Center For Stress And Anxiety,

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Kailynsmama - ()

Thanx for the info. I now now NOT to order.

If your being charged CANCEL your card ASAP .

Me too!

AUTHOR: chrissys99 - (United States of America)

I called w/in the 14 day free trial and asked about returning the cd's.  I was given a 50% discount, or 25$ per month starting Dec 6th, wow, I just checked my account and they are taking 50$ out ...I'm very "Stressed & Anxious" to say the least! I tried to call but no one is available to take my call after 9p.m. Great!

Was it really a ripoff?

AUTHOR: Poopsmcgee - (U.S.A.)

It doesn't sound like you were truly ripped off here... if you didn't follow the instructions for returning the merchandise within the allotted time frame, how can you blame them? True, they could be more accommodating in the customer satisfaction department, but to call the transaction a ripoff when you didn't even try the product seems a bit unfair. I recently ordered the program and was given the same terms, i.e pay shipping for the 30 day trial, etc. The customer service agent did tell me that I would receive the entire program and that my card would only be billed after the trial period ended. I will report back if there are any SNAFUS with the service or if the program seems to truly be a ripoff.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Reg E

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

Call your bank and Dispute the charge. They should be able to help as long as you notify them in a timely manner.