Complaint Review: Monitronica And Maximum Security

• Submitted: Mon, September 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 01, 2008

• Reported By:Azusa California
Monitronica And Maximum Security
Dept. Ch 8628, Palatine, Il 69955-8628 Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-541-8930
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Monitronics And Maximum Security False Advertising/ Free Equipment/ can stop contract at anytime Anaheim California

I purchased a alarm system from Sandi McAnish at Maximum security, her business card states both companyies Monitronics and Maximum Security. When Sandi came to my home and pitched her sale, she said we were getting the equipment and installation FREE, because it was a promotion. I asked her if I canceled at anytime would there be a fee. She said NO, we could cancel anytime but would have to agree to start the system up again within a year. She said the contract was for 3 years and we could stop the system if someone for example lost there job, etc. I again asked would there be a fee, she said no.. My husband was laid off from his job and I tried to stop the service for awhile, the first thing was I was on the phone with Monitronics for over a hour two different times because they said they could not find our contract... After finding the contract they said we had to call Maximum security to cancel the service. When we got a hold of Maximum they said if we canceled the service we would be charge $1900.00 for the equipment.

The Sales people are dishonest and lie right to your face.

Roxanne
Azusa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2008 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronica-And-Maximum-Security/nationwide/Monitronics-And-Maximum-Security-False-Advertising-Free-Equipment-can-stop-contract-at-a-368853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronica And Maximum Security