• Report: #192346

• Submitted: Fri, May 19, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 15, 2006

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Monitronics - Apex Alarm
576 Commerce Rd. Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Monitronics - Apex Alarm ripoff faulty alarm uncaring staff Orem Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us...

In May of 2005, we purchased an alarm system from Apex Alarm/Monitronics Intl. The system has never worked correctly and consistently defaults. When this occurs, a loud beep goes off about every three minutes, often in the middle of the night. When I have called both Apex and Monitronics to complain, they behaved defensively as if this wre somehow my fault. When I have tried ti schedule a tecnician to come out, it often takes up to five day for the scheduler to even call me in order to set up the appointment! When I insist that I'm getting no sleep and need someone right away, they say there is nothing they can do unless I want to pay $200 for an emergency visit. Although I have repeatedly told the schedulers that I work and the tech needs to give me 15 mins. lead time on order to get home and meet him, they have never called me at work. The tech simply shows up, sees no one is home and leaves. I have NEVER been so poorly treated by a company. I have reported them to the BBB, a local consumer advocate, and am seriously considereing legal action.

Patricia
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2006 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics-Apex-Alarm/Orem-Utah-84058/Monitronics-Apex-Alarm-ripoff-faulty-alarm-uncaring-staff-Orem-Utah-192346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics - Apex Alarm

Please contact us...

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Patricia:

I just became aware of your complaint. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may assist you with your complaint. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Michael Melzer