Complaint Review: Monotronics

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 28, 2005

• Reported By:Corona California
Monotronics
12801 Stemmons Freeway Suite 821 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Monitronics International ripoff harrassed by Monitronics for over half a year Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Look at ALL the other similar complaints!

*Consumer Comment: If you can't back up your claim, you don't have a leg to stand on.

I signed a contract with Monotronics/ Safehome Security in June of 2000. I noted in the contract that I needed to cancil the agreement at least 90 days before my two year contract was up.

Knowing that I would never remember that date I wrote a letter that day and sent it to the address that was on the contract. I informed Monitronics/ Safehome Security that I was canceling my contract as of June 21, 2002.

I called Monotronics in May of 2002 to remind them not to take any more money from my checking accont. At this time I was told that they never received my cancelling letter and that it was to late to cancel and that I needed to pay for another year. I called my bank and cancelled and future payments to Monitronics.

After being harrassed by Monitronics for over half a year they sent my " unpaid bill" to a collection agent, CMI.

CMI is another Texas CO. CMI sent a report to the credit agencies saying that I owe Monitronics money.

I could care less. I just refinanced my house and I have two new cars and I'm 67 years old with a credit rating over 800.

James
Corona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2003 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monotronics/Dallas-Texas-75234/Monitronics-International-ripoff-harrassed-by-Monitronics-for-over-half-a-year-Dallas-Texa-64565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monotronics

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Look at ALL the other similar complaints!

AUTHOR: Juliann - (U.S.A.)

As you said, you know LITTLE about this company. I dealt with this company and the hassel for over a year. Unfortunately, I didn't get results until I started sending the president of Monitronics emails on a daily basis.

I would say that unless you have been in this position, just keep your comments to yourself. This individual doesn't need anymore hassel than what I know they are dealing with now.

If you can't back up your claim, you don't have a leg to stand on.

AUTHOR: Stacy - (U.S.A.)

I have only slight knowledge of this company in particular, but I just couldn't help but to want to stress a couple of points to you...

For the sake of argument, say you DID send the letter in the appropriate time frime, did you get a certified copy of it, or a copy at all which clearly specifies the date? When you called on the phone and spoke with Monotronic representatives, did you take down the individuals name, times, which department they were in, etc?

I ask this because even if what you say is true, unfortunately in this day and age, that isn't good enough. A man's good word isn't really worth much. If you don't have documented evidence to disprove their claim that your account is in arrears...unfortunately darling, you ARE in arears.

And just for the sake of argument, I wouldnt flaunt that I was 67, with a refinanced loan on my home and two car payments. My parents are actually several years older, and have had their home paid off for sometime and have two cars that are both paid off...and they're only a couple years old. They also have a great credit score, but leave us hope that when reach your age, we won't need refinancing assistance and be bound with two car notes. I think I would find more appropriate things to brag about. (Try spending your time trying to come up with the information to dispute this claim, rather than sitting around waiting to be sued, and let your "800" rating be destroyed)

Better luck next time.