Complaint Review: Mr Rooter Plumbing

• Reported By: Chet — Akron Ohio United States of America
Mr Rooter Plumbing
31382 Industrial Parkway North Olmsted, Ohio United States of America

Mr Rooter Plumbing Total rip off. Total lack of follow up. North Olmsted, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: We paid Mr. Rooter for nothing, too!

Called Mr Rooter on 9/14/12 for a blockage in the main sewer line in basement.  They promptly came out with their machine but technician had trouble with it and could not snake out the drain.

He then said "water jetting" was a better way to go anyway even though it would cost me twice as much as just snaking out the drain.  Being over a barrel I agreed to the procedure.  He called another technician who joined him about an hour later.

They told me I probably had a collapse in the main drain because they were unable to clear the drain and it could not be tree roots because tree roots "would not stand a chance against water jetting".    He then told me someone would be out on 9/17/12 with a camera to verify the collapse.

I called and rescheduled the appointment so I could get another opinion from another company.
The other company came out and discovered it was indeed tree roots and within 45 minutes they were done and the drain was clear.

I paid Mr Rooter $411.76 for basically nothing.  I called Mr Rooter on 9/25/12 to see what, if anything could be done about the $411.76 and was told a manager would call back in a few minutes.  After filing 2 complaints with Mr Rooter's home office and 6 DAYS later, some guy calls from the local Mr Rooter and leaves a message to call him back but no mention of any refund.

I called back and told a young lady that unless there was going to be something done about the $411.76 I was not interested in hearing any bogus excuses for this ridiculous fee.  It is now a day later and nothing has been done.

Think twice before calling these people.  It is a total rip off and they will do nothing to make any dissatisfaction right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing/North-Olmsted-Ohio-44070/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing-Total-rip-off-Total-lack-of-follow-up-North-Olmsted-Ohio-949609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr Rooter Plumbing

We paid Mr. Rooter for nothing, too!

AUTHOR: RMP - (USA)

Unfortunately, I have been reading experience of other customers and it is the SAME process. No matter where we are from.  Their goal was to get you to believe that you needed some sort of dig. Sewer Replacement. They wanted to take you like they took us for about $20k or so.