Complaint Review: My Benefit Wallet HSA

• Reported By: Anonymous — Washington Dist of Columbia
My Benefit Wallet HSA
Nationwide USA

My Benefit Wallet HSA Account Maintenance Fees, Closing Account Nationwide

In all seriousness, My Benefit Wallet is one of the worst companies I ever dealt with.  It appears that the company is organized to find ways to nickel and dime their customers with hidden fees and wrongful charges, all of which are virtually impossible to have undone.

My case, in brief.  In January, after leaving my employer, I tried to close my account and withdraw the remaining funds.  My Benefit Wallet charges monthly mainentance fees after one month in the cases like mine (changing employers/HSAs), so I wanted to do this before the end of the month.  I put in the requests, which of course takes time, in this case about 10 days.  This put it over the first of the month.  My Benefit Wallet then charged me the monthly maintenance fee, then processed my request for closing the account and dispersal of funds.  However, since the maintenance fee lowered my account balance below the requested dispersal amount (aka all my previously existing funds), they rejected the request and charged me an insufficient funds fee of $25.  Basically, they processed the maintenance fee prior to the dispersal request despite the latter occurring first.  I appealed this, which was rejected since "all fees are in the fee schedule and the customer should be aware of them."  Lots more to this, but long story short, 7 months later, I still don't have the remaining balance (one more fun fact - they closed my account, which means I have 2 months to take my remaining funds out before another type of maintenance fee occurs, but the appeals process takes  at least 6 weeks and I can't take my money out until that is over.  They claim they won't charge me b/c of this situation but I don't believe them.).

Everything about this company just seems sleazy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2014 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Benefit-Wallet-HSA/nationwide/My-Benefit-Wallet-HSA-Account-Maintenance-Fees-Closing-Account-Nationwide-1156811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Benefit Wallet HSA