interference

• Submitted: Thu, March 21, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: ComputerCareerISBAD — dallas
MyComputerCareer.com
545 E John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, TX 75062 Irving, Texas United States of America

MyComputerCareer.com My computer Career BEWARE. WORSE SCAM THAT WILL GET YOUR DREAMS BROKE. Irving , Texas

As a mature adult, looking for a change in career, I was an easy catch for this so called "MyComputerCareer.com". After a brief interview and explanation of how wonderful this school is, I signed up for their classes that was starting just few days away.

They start by promising a life time career service and 10 computer certifications in 7 months. All great right? Well, to start by saying that it costs near $21k for the worse teaching experience I ever had. There was only 2 teachers ( both smokers who would just disappear for cigarette breaks) and their method of teaching was the following:

- PowerPoint presentations that will last 1 hour of that boring and unprepared teacher reading out load.
- After the first horrifying hour, 3 hours of "hands on" lab; Are you kidding me? What hands on??? First day of class they make you download some pre-made labs ( supposedly step by step) and after that is pretty much good luck and send me your check for $21000 dlls.
- About a 20 % of the time we had issues with the network to do our labs ( A computer school with issues in their network should be a red flag).
- The labs are long and quite hard but it wouldnt be an issue IF the teacher would take all questions and answer; the entire class ( around 20 students) had issues in between the 3-5 lab and ALL of us had to start from the beginning with all the labs (about a 16-18 hrs wasted). The worse part of all this lab nightmare? Nobody had a clue of what we were doing and the "teacher" would ask a question with another question: Haven't you read the chapter?

I want to make sure that anyone going to this school do a very diligent research; I don't ask you to believe a word of what I am saying but don't cry later...because it will be to late. A quick resume of my horrible experience; I attended classes for 1 month; I learned few things ( all on my own ) and after leaving the school I got a bill for $4800 after already had paid $1500. If you ever go and take a look at this place ( I attended the Irving/Dallas Campus), take a look at their job placement ( Remember, they promise a LIFE TIME JOB PLACEMENT) and to your surprise, all of this jobs are paying between $12-15 dollar per hour; I am really sorry, I don't want to be mean, but for $12dlls anyone can go flip burger without having to be in deep debt.

As of today, I am having my lawyer to look over the contract and I will NOT pay another penny. I am also having my lawyer withdraw a letter to Better Business Bureau (BBB) with a former complain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyComputerCareercom/Irving-Texas-75062/MyComputerCareercom-My-computer-Career-BEWARE-WORSE-SCAM-THAT-WILL-GET-YOUR-DREAMS-BROKE-1036782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyComputerCareer.com