Complaint Review: MyTech Gurus, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, July 18, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: Mary — Woodside New York
MyTech Gurus, Inc.
500 West Putnam Avenue, Suite 400 Greenwich, Connecticut USA

MyTech Gurus, Inc. Ripped me off by claiming they could definitely help me when my computer crashed for a fee of $229.99 for one year, but didn't help me and used only once. Said they would credit me the money, but didn't. Greenwich Connecticut

Was referred to My Tech Gurus, Inc. ("MTG") in November 2012 by Microsoft Windows when my anti-virus software, including Windows Defender, disappeared from my computer by a hacker. MTG insisted they could help me after I paid a fee of either $129.99 for one time use or $229.99 for a year's use.  I paid the $229.99 for one year and My Tech Guru proceeded to try to help me, but could not.  Eventually, my computer crashed and my hard drive was destroyed.  Since I no longer had a computer, I asked MTG for a credit which, they said, was no problem. However, I never received a credit and several calls to them ended with "no problem," but still no credit.  They've convinced my credit card company that they performed a service, which they did for ONE day, not one year.  I think the company is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyTech-Gurus-Inc/Greenwich-Connecticut-06831/MyTech-Gurus-Inc-Ripped-me-off-by-claiming-they-could-definitely-help-me-when-my-comput-1068142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyTech Gurus, Inc.