Complaint Review: NEXTEL

• Submitted: Wed, January 25, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2006

• Reported By:Providence Rhode Island
NEXTEL
2001 Edmund Halley Drive Reston, Virginia U.S.A.

NEXTEL Wireless - SPRINT Wireless ripoff poor service, bad customer service Reston Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Just make a payment

I am a long time subscriber to the NEXTEL cell phone provider. I had a previous bad run in with them where as my company information was fraudulently used in another state to open an account which affeected my actual account and took months to clear up.

Now they have placed a spending cap on my service; that is if my monthly bill is above a certain amount of money they shut me off automatically; Here's the prob I use the phone for my business and it is my primary line of communications between myself and my clients.

What NEXTEL does is general a bill; say today, and if the bill is higher then the 'CAP' the phone service is automatically shut off before the bill even hits the mail rather then awaiting untill I recieve the bill to see if its paid prior to the due date.

I can see tehm killing service once the due date passes but they do it on the date the bill is generated with out notice. I have lost thousands of dollars because of this pratice and it is damaging my reputation because my clients cant get ahold of me when they need to.

M
Providence, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2006 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NEXTEL/Reston-Virginia-20191/NEXTEL-Wireless-SPRINT-Wireless-ripoff-poor-service-bad-customer-service-Reston-Virgin-173265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NEXTEL

Just make a payment

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

All you have to do is call nextel and tell them that you would like to pay 100 dollars or so to put a credit on your account so you will never go over your spending limit. spending limits are from 125 to 250 per line on your account. You should not be spending more than 200 a month anyway. if you are, then change your rate plan to the unlimited plan for 199. A spending limit is there for your protection and nextel lets you know before you reach your spending limit. Its up to you to pay down on it before you get your phone shut off.