Complaint Review: NOBLE HOUSE - POETRY.COM

• Submitted: Tue, October 28, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 28, 2008

• Reported By:cincinnati Ohio
NOBLE HOUSE - POETRY.COM
NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE BUILDING SUITE 3304-19Q NEW YORK, New York U.S.A.

NOBLE HOUSE - POETRY.COM WRITER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TO SEE THEIR WORK IN PRINT. AT LEAST GET SOMETHING FOR THEM MAKING MONEY OFF OF YOUR WORK NEW YORK New York

I have been dealing with poetry.com and Howard Ely since 2004. Then every now and then I will get a letter in the mail from Nigel Hillary fom Noble House.

Both tell me they want to publish my poems in one of their books, then I have to buy the book or a plaque or medalion with my poem. I have received 4 editors choice awards(2 by mail and 2 notifications by email).

I have had offers to go to a couple of conventions to receive my poet of the year awards, but I had to pay to join the poets club and all my other expenses.

Recently, I got a letter from Noble House that they read my poem and would I give them permision to publish my poem. Of course I would have to buy a book.

I sent the paper back with a letter to them. Here is the letter:

I am getting tired of getting published to spend my money just to see it. If you want to publish any more of mine, I think the poet ought to at east get a book and maybe a couple other offersfor the poem. Some of us have got the words, but no monies to purchase.
Sorry but thanks,

John Patrick Neal

I just got a letter back from them with something that cracked me up.

These people wnts permission to publish this new poem. They thin my letter I sent was a poem. Who even reads the poems up there.

Both Poetry.com and Noble house are ripping a lot of poets off. what can be done about it and where can we go to have them published?

John
cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NOBLE-HOUSE-POETRYCOM/NEW-YORK-New-York-10118/NOBLE-HOUSE-POETRYCOM-WRITER-SHOULD-NOT-HAVE-TO-PAY-TO-SEE-THEIR-WORK-IN-PRINT-AT-LEAS-385656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NOBLE HOUSE - POETRY.COM