Complaint Review: Nadine Media USA, - CRC

• Submitted: Wed, August 24, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 24, 2005

• Reported By:Somerset New Jersey
Nadine Media USA, - CRC
216 Cherry Road Syracuse, New York U.S.A.

Nadine Media USA - CRC ripoff, fraud Syracuse New York

A man called my wife stating that he was from a magazine company. My wife is currently enrolled with Readers Services and believed ths man to be from this company. Needless to say, after trying to get her bank account number, she gave him a credit card number instead (thinking that she was paying for the rest of her current subscritption).

My wife became worried and called Readers Services (based in Ohio) and they told her that they do not make calls like that. We later received the number of the company that charged her $49.99 from her credit card bill.

I called the number apporximately a month after she was initially called by this man from CRC, and told them that we wanted to cancel the subscription. The manager told us that we would receive a letter that has cancellation information on the back so that we could cancel.

We waited a few weeks and never recieved the letter. I called the number numerous times, and after finally reaching a person, I was told that they would send the letter to my attention. At the time, I did not even tell them my name, just that my wife wants to receive the letter so that we could cancel the account. And they said they were going to send it to my attention???

I finally called them today, another few weeks after the last phone call I made. I listened to the conversation that they had recorded with my wife for contract purposes. My wife is from Japan, and is not a native speaker. During the recorded session, it was clear she couldn't understand what the representative was saying, but the representative just moved through the conversation, not caring if my wife understood or not.

After presenting this to Tim, the manager in charge that day, he said he would "do me a favor" and close out the account with $200. I told him I was not going to pay, and he stated that he would turn this over to a collection agency. I definately want to take legal action against this company, and would like to organize a possible class action lawsuit as it seems a lot of other people were victimized by this company.

Trevor
Somerset, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2005 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nadine-Media-USA-CRC/Syracuse-New-York-13219/Nadine-Media-USA-CRC-ripoff-fraud-Syracuse-New-York-154877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nadine Media USA, - CRC