Complaint Review: NamesAreCheap

• Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

• Reported By: Ann — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
NamesAreCheap
palm desert, California United States of America

NamesAreCheap RBConnect, Inc took down my domain names and refused to help me. palm desert, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ann Pallo aka April Pallo slanders company for her mistake

Overview: 100% uptime is a false claim, domain name cost has gone up by at least $2 every year, website administration does not work, and customer service is a joke. I highly suggest you find another company.

I have used NamesAreCheap, an RBConnect, Inc. Company, for several years to manage my domains. I recently switched hosting providers and used the bulk management tool to change DNS servers for all my domains on 2/3/2011 using their website administration. All servers were successfully changed and I confirmed the domains were pointing to my new name servers. On 2/5/2011, I noticed my websites had gone down. I contacted my hosting company and verified with their educated technical support the problem was with my registrar (NamesAreCheap). I attempted to log into my NamesAreCheap account however when I tried to use the admin functions to change my DNS, the website was broken and returning error messages. I phoned NamesAreCheap technical support to address the problem, and the support attendant, whom claimed his name was "Ron" was quite rude and continually cut me off while I was trying to explain the issue. He then walked me through using an alternate control panel which updated my servers, and when I tried to inquire about why my service failed in the first place he refused to answer me. When I requested to speak with a manager, he claimed to be the CEO and said there was no one above him whom I could speak with. After failing to get any information or help from Customer Service, I called back several times only to be routed to voicemail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2011 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NamesAreCheap/palm-desert-California-/NamesAreCheap-RBConnect-Inc-took-down-my-domain-names-and-refused-to-help-me-palm-desert-691463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NamesAreCheap

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ann Pallo aka April Pallo slanders company for her mistake

AUTHOR: exclude - (United States of America)

In response to Ann - anndr0id[at]gmail[dot]com (a.k.a. April Pallo):

-Our 100% network uptime is promised to our own hosted customers, not to registrants who have their host elsewhere.

-WE ARE NOT HOSTING any of April Pallo's websites, and we did not execute April Pallo's change of DNS; she did.

-April Pallo should had been advised by her host that her change of DNS would cause downtime.

-Despite her demands, there was nothing we could do to speed up the process of propagation (change of DNS). There was no error; the desired nameservers were there. There was nothing for us to do, and she had only to wait until propagation was complete. Instead, she became combative and continues to be.

April Pallo blames our staff for her mistake, yet we stayed with her on the phone and explained to her that her nameservers were in place and that propagation takes time when a change of DNS has occurred.

-Our terms state that domain registrations and renewals are not refundable, in accordance to Tucows and ICANN regulations; yet April Pallo is demanding that we refund her fees and continues to slander our company.

-NAC Team -- namesarecheap.com representative