Deegan

• Submitted: Sat, March 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:Cumming Georgia
National Alamo Car Rental - PurCo Fleet Services
136 South Main Street Spanish Fork, Utah U.S.A.

National Alamo Car Rental - PurCo Fleet Services Ripoff dishonest fraudulent automobile Collision Claim false damage claim Spanish Fork Utah

*Consumer Comment: Don't blame or misalign Purco

In November 2006, I rented a vehicle with National Car Rental out of Chicago/O'Hare Airport and drove it to Milwaukee, WI for a weekend visit with my brother. The car sat in his driveway for four days until I drove it to the General Mitchell International Airport for my return flight home. When I arrived at the airport at 4:30 a.m., no one was on site to collect my paperwork, keys and to conduct a walk-around to inspect the vehicle, and I left the paperwork and keys in the drop box.

Several weeks later, I was contacted by PurCo Fleet Services, Inc., who said they were handling an Auto Damage Claim by National Car Rental regarding damage to the right front headlamp and bumper of the vehicle. This is a fraudulent claim as while the car was in my possession, it was in excellent condition and I have witnesses that will attest that the car did not leave the driveway and was undamaged. I have contacted the Claims Specialist, Amber Newell, to request photographs of the vehicle and the damage, which she has not produced. I don't think they can prove it, but yet they continue to send me letters requesting that I resolve the claim with a payment of $3,172.95. This is a bogus, fraudulent claim, what recourse can I take?

Michele
Cumming, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2007 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Alamo-Car-Rental-PurCo-Fleet-Services/Spanish-Fork-Utah-84660/National-Alamo-Car-Rental-PurCo-Fleet-Services-Ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-automobile-Co-239416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Alamo Car Rental - PurCo Fleet Services

Don't blame or misalign Purco

AUTHOR: Pantherjad - (U.S.A.)

So because your Rental Car Company is incompetent and can't show up for work you blame it all on a third party collections agency??

This is the reason you should purchase the damage insurance for rental cars, it's usually only like $20-$30 and would have saved you hundreds. However, I can grant that the car was probably in perfect condition but you really don't have any proof. This is a sticky situation, I would sue the rental car company or refuse to pay. The cowardly thing the rental car company does is outsource the enforcement of the contract to a third party so they (Rental Car Company) A)doesn't have to seem like the bad guy. and B) doesn't have to pay to run a collections program.

I know PURCO well, my friend owns it and many others work there. They are great, honest, upstanding people. It is unfair to pull them into this and malign them. It is not their fault the rental car company is incompetent, nor is it their fault you didn't purchase the damage coverage. The rental car company is merely exercising its legal authority to collect from you on damages via a third party agency. If you are upset then take it up with the rental car company. They are the ones trying to charge for damage you likely didn't cause, not PURCO. This is like blaming the police officer for arresting you when he is merely following the warrant order of a Judge. Blame the judge for bad judgement, not the officer for mere enforcement.