Complaint Review: Nationwide Voice Messaging - ILD Building

• Updated: Wed, March 22, 2006

• Reported By:Belle Plaine Minnesota
Nationwide Voice Messaging - ILD Building
Nationwide U.S.A.

Nationwide Voice Messaging, ILD Building Voicemail, unauthorized, scammers. ripoff Nationwide

My phone company told me I had a voice messaging charge on my bill and did I want that too since I already have a voicemail thru them. This is how I found out about these scammers! And they had been on my bill, to the tune of $13.95/mo. since last August! They almost got 8 months worth of hard earned money out of me for their scam. I called Nationwide and told them to issue me a credit instantly for the past 8 months. The first guy said, sure thing, then put me on hold, forever. I called back.

A woman told me they could not issue me a credit as I had willingly "signed" up for it. She read me back all of my personal information, address, phone number, email account, etc. She said they captured it when I started to fill out an ad for $1,000 free groceries that was advertised on a game site I like to visit. Apparently, I didn't need to finish, they were able to pull from my computer all the information they needed! How scary is THAT?! I do remember starting to fill that out but changed my mind because of that old adage, if it sounds too good to be true.

Well, my phone company has backed out 3 months worth and it looks like I'm stuck for the rest. How can these people sleep at nite?! Shame on them.

Belle Plaine, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2006 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Voice-Messaging-ILD-Building/nationwide/Nationwide-Voice-Messaging-ILD-Building-Voicemail-unauthorized-scammers-ripoff-Nationw-182683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Voice Messaging - ILD Building