Complaint Review: Netspend.com - Inter National Bank

• Submitted: Sun, January 24, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 25, 2011

• Reported By: Soul — new york New York USA
Netspend.com - Inter National Bank

Netspend.com - Inter National Bank Inter National Bank Refuses to release Pending voided charges before 7 days, after company faxed voided receipt and letter on company letter head. Internet

*Author of original report: The did fix everything in a timely manner

*Consumer Comment: Why Didn't Vendor Credit Your Account?

I normally like Netspend...but I'm very upset after being told lies.
A company that I do business made a mistake, the lady charged me too much money by adding a zero to the end. She quickly voided the charge and then went ahead and charged me the correct amount minus the zero.
I informed Netspend about what happened.
I was told that it was no problem and to just have the company fax in the voided receipt along with a letter explaining what had taken place, using the company letterhead.

It was done, but first they didn't get it because they gave me the wrong fax number twice.
Finally, I fax it in, three times.
They claim to have it, but let me add that I don't think they really saw it, they just know that it was sent in. I suspect that they dont need it in the first place, so that is why they don't actually read the fax. Because they kept mixing up the info. on the fax.

Anyway, they say that they have it, but because it is over $400, they have to make me wait 7 days.
So I say send it back to the Merchant, they tell me that the merchant can do it.
When I question how it's done, I'm finally told that it can't be done.
I explain that I will complain, to bbb...blah, blah...nothing matters.
I have to wait 7 days, if it's over $150 they say, then no only if it's over $400.

I explain that I need the money to travel, my son needs to have surgery. Surgery that I have waited a year for and this money is very important, but it doesn't matter. So either they are the cruelest ops in the world, or they really couldn't do anything. I suspect that they really couldn't do anything or else surely they would have. Especially being on the phone for hours.
Noone could be that cruel, right?

Anyway, I don't know what to do. They won't give me the money and they aren't going to release the money to the merchant.
So as of right now, the only one that can have my money for the next 7 days is Netspend. I can't believe that they aren't willing to do anything else.
Especially when we have been with them for 5 years. We both get direct deposit. All of the  money is from a direct deposit!

Guess I will have to cry it out, and sleep in my car because that was my hotel money.
I still like them on a whole, but I'm very distressed over them not letting me get my money back, when clearly the merchant doesnt intend to collect on it.
And the second charged that the merchant charged on the same day, which was the right one has already cleared. So even without the proof of the receipt and letter from the company, on their letterhead and faxed from the company.
They can see that...oh forget it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2010 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspendcom-Inter-National-Bank/internet/Netspendcom-Inter-National-Bank-Inter-National-Bank-Refuses-to-release-Pending-voided-c-559418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend.com - Inter National Bank

The did fix everything in a timely manner

AUTHOR: Souleymane - (USA)

God was behind it getting resolved 100% and the matter was resolved. And now I still like Netspend. But L-O-V-E ? the LORD!

Why Didn't Vendor Credit Your Account?

AUTHOR: dealfinder648 - (United States of America)

Hi,  I'm just wondering why the merchant, who charged your card incorrectly, just do a credit back your account instead of void?  Surely Netspend works similiar to other debit cards where a credit back to your account would take maybe 2 business days to post, maybe sooner.  Why did they do a void?