Complaint Review: Newegg.com

Internet USA

Newegg.com Newegg.com ripped me off Internet

*Author of original report: Insincere public postings by Newegg

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us

In November of 2012 I purchased an ASUS motherboard from Newegg.com.  It was DOA.  We installed it correctly and contacted ASUS tech support who worked with us to run diagnostics.  They confirmed it was a bad motherboard and told me to return to place of purchase (Newegg.com).  We obtained an RMA from Newegg and promptly returned the defective item.  A week later they notified us they wouldn't honor the return because they claimed we damaged the board and it showed "signs of installation".  This is absurd and untrue.  The board was defective, confirmed by manufacturer's tech support and not damaged by me.  How else can you know if a motherboard is bad if you don't install it?

I contacted Newegg customer support numerous times trying to get them to credit me.  Each time they refused.  I used an American Express Platinum card for the purchase and contacted them to see if they could help.  Immediately Newegg closed by account when they learned that American Express had been contacted.  They then refused to reverse the American Express charge 3 separate times.

Newegg continues to keep my money in spite of the fact that they sold me a defective product.  I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau and will do the same with the CA Consumer Protection Agency.   I have read numerous similar stories online where people have been refused legitimate refunds by Newegg in a way similar to me.  I have no other recourse other than file bad reviews online and make reports like this public.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neweggcom/internet/Neweggcom-Neweggcom-ripped-me-off-Internet-1064500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg.com

Insincere public postings by Newegg

AUTHOR: cmm4545 - ()

This is the third public response by Newegg to my postings published on consumer opinion websites,  In each case I've responded only to receive a private email from them a few days later to confirm their original decision to not refund my money for the defective computer motherboard that was DOA.  It's a cookie cut response they hope people will see in hopes that it will make them look good and fool people into thinking that they genuinely care.  Don't be deceived.  They do NOT intend on refunding my money.  If they did they can publicly state that fact directly on this website for the world to see.

Newegg has had numerous opportunites to make me whole and do the right thing.  Each time they steadfastly refuse to refund my $325.   PLEASE LEARN FROM WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME.  Do not buy anything from Newegg.  This is a textbook case of how NOT to treat a customer.  Unfortunately I am not alone.  Others are getting the same treatment.  Do your research and take your business elsewhere.

Please Contact Us

AUTHOR: Newegg_Support - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your return.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email to wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Newegg