Complaint Review: Norvergence - BB&T Branch Banking and Trust Co

• Submitted: Wed, July 28, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 29, 2004

• Reported By:Plantation Florida
Norvergence - BB&T Branch Banking and Trust Co
550 Broad Street Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Norvergence ripoff BB&T Branch Banking and Trust Co even bigger ripoff scam! Newark New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: rejected

*Consumer Suggestion: Is Everyone Filing Complaints?

We believed the 'it's too good to be true' company promises when an associate for Norvergence came to our office. Since the beginning, they have been horrible to contact or to get problems resolved. They charged us over $24k for a box that we discovered in ebay that bidding starts for $120.00 and sells for $225.00. This is a total rip-off and should be against the law. The company of DeLage Landen says we must still pay and we received a call from BB &T stating that in pursuant to an agreement to DeLage we are still responsible for these payments.

The only reason we went with Norvergence was to use the unlimited cell phone usage, we don't do a lot of long distance and this box is not needed for our service. This company misrepresented itself in letting us know that this 'Matrix' box was essential and very expensive due to the sophistication of technology of this box. This is completely a lie. Can these people get away with this?

Yvonne
Plantation, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2004 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norvergence-BBT-Branch-Banking-and-Trust-Co/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/Norvergence-ripoff-BBT-Branch-Banking-and-Trust-Co-even-bigger-ripoff-scam-Newark-New-Je-100959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norvergence - BB&T Branch Banking and Trust Co

rejected

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

State of NY, Attorney General office sent me a letter saying they could not offer any assistance on this matter. Suggested I contact the BBB, did that already and never got a response. Strike one, I will keep trying. Filed a compalint with the FTC, I'll see what happens there.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Is Everyone Filing Complaints?

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

I am not involved with any of the Norvergance problems. In fact, they tried a telemarketing call to our office and I mailed them a letter telling them not to call anymore (that was before they hid behind attorneys and bankruptcy). I was wondering if everyone who is being forced into paying for a service that does not work or that has never been provided, been filing complaints with their state Attorney General's office and the FTC? I would think the more complaints that were lodged with Government agencies the quicker someone would be investigating. I am truly sorry that any company is going through this mess. I always thought it was against the law to charge for services that were never received.