Complaint Review: NotaryPublic.com, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 26, 2011

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
NotaryPublic.com, Inc.
notarypublic.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Notary

*UPDATE Employee: Ripped off? No. Confused? Maybe.

I paid $59.00 for a one year membership on this site's supposed national notary public directory. After a few days, I did a search to see if I was listed, and wasn't, so I emailed the 'webmaster', and to this day, 3 weeks lagter, I still haven't heard from anyone from this site. I've threatened to report them to this site if I ddin't get my refund....well....seriously thinking about putting a craigslist ad to see if there are any others like myself that got 'ripped off'.....perhaps a class action lawsuit..hmmmm

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NotaryPubliccom-Inc/internet/NotaryPubliccom-Inc-NOTARIES-BEWARE-OF-PHONY-DIRECTORY-LISTING-Internet-406035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NotaryPublic.com, Inc.

Ripped off? No. Confused? Maybe.

AUTHOR: NotaryPublic.com - (United States of America)

Notarypublic.com does not currently, and did not at the time this complaint was posted, offer any product at a rate of $59.00 for a one year membership, as quoted in this complaint.  Here is a link to another post by this same individual: (((ROR REDACTED))).  Same individual posted this: (((ROR REDACTED)))

The cursing is a bit much in the first post and in the second post she says she was probably drunk when she made the purchase.  She lists the price as $55 in the second post.  She says she will search to see if there are any others, but this is the only person we could find posting any kind of complaint about NotaryPublic.com.  There are many satisfied users of Notarypublic.com who have advertised there for years.

This complaint was also filed with the Better Business Bureau, and it was addressed through that avenue.  We requested that the individual provide any kind of proof of purchase, since we don't offer any products at this price, and the individual did not respond.  Had they been able to show that they had actually made a purchase with a receipt or a credit card statement, their purchase would have been promptly refunded, and the BBB has a record of our offer to resolve the issue if the person could provide any kind of proof of their purchase.

There are many notary listing directories out there on the web, and it is quite possible that this person mistakenly thought they purchased something from us when in fact it was some other directory with a similar name.  In the meantime, just a heads up that a class action lawsuit generally requires more than one person to for a class.  :)

For those of our loyal customers who have been advertising with us for many years, we thank you.  To show our appreciation, we have instituted a new program where we provide free QR codes for our advertisers to put on their business cards.  Just another way we take care of our customers.