Complaint Review: Nu Kote International

• Reported By:Browns Mills NJ
Nu Kote International
Franklin, Tennessee U.S.A.

Nu-Kote Pelikan Brand Epson Inkjet Cartridge ripoff, no technical service

*Consumer Comment: Yes you will find bad apples in the bunch over a period of time.

I have been using Pelikan Printer products since the mid 80s - I believe it was the printer ribbon in my daisywheel printer back in 1984. Up until now, I have been quite pleased with the results.

In some of my work locations, I was so pleased with the cost/performance, that I negotiated to buy Pelikan cartridges for the printers at my job. I was always satisfied with their performance there, also. At home, I usually go through a cartridge pair every two or three months. I usually keep a spare set on hand, so they usually sit under my computer for two months after I buy them. In Dec, after I changed out the cartridges, both cartridges gave me poor quality printing - lines, poor color, and multiple (20 or more) cleaning cycles did not improve the problem.

I finally wound up changing both the cartridges for Epson Cartridges, because there were no Pelikan cartridges available at the local retailers. These cartridges ran well - the print quality problems cleared up immediately. When they ran out this weekend, I replaced them with Pelikan cartridges, but once again, I had two bad-out-of-the-box cartridges. I bought two Epson cartridges, and the print quality problems cleared up immediately.

So, in the last six months, I have purchased four Pelikan cartridges, and have wound up discarding all four with no usable output.

I think, from now on, I will be buying Epson cartridges - they cost more, but at least I can depend on getting good output from them.

A cheaper cartridge that gives me garbage output is not a bargain...I wonder when Nu-kote took over Pelikan - the new management strategy just MIGHT coincide with the drop in quality.

And, by the way, they have a 1800 technical service number - the hours are from 0830-1800 EST, M-F - but when I called them at 0900 and 0930 on a Monday, I recieved a recorded message telling me they were closed, and to call back during their business hours.

Edward
Browns Mills, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nu-Kote-International/Franklin-Tennessee-37064/Nu-Kote-Pelikan-Brand-Epson-Inkjet-Cartridge-ripoff-no-technical-service-13770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nu Kote International

Yes you will find bad apples in the bunch over a period of time.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I really enjoy the rip-off site, in fact I enjoy it so much that I have it marked as my home page.
Thanks RIP-OFF Report.com

Anyway,
I gain insight about companies I may do business with and have done business with.

I have bought probably 100 or more cartridges from Pelikan and have had little problem at home or office and definitely nothing they couldn't handle with a little communication. Yes you will find bad apples in the bunch over a period of time.

Pelikan plainly puts a contact information on everyone of their product boxes so that customers can contact them. Many times the problem can be corrected by taking warm water on a paper towel and wiping the contacts and the head of the cartridge. The cartridges may have dried a little during storage, shipment and floor display time.

Anyway the contact number for Pelikan is 1.800.448.1422 Mon-Fri 8:30am-6:00pm EST which I'm sure they would be glad to help. They have always been congenial and well equipped to help with any problems I've had.