Virgin

• Updated: Sun, December 18, 2011

• Reported By: Acquannis — Mesquite Texas United States of America
ONCOR
1616 Woodall Rogers FRWY Dallas, Texas United States of America

ONCOR Oncor smart meters is a complete deception in service...my bill has nearly doubled from their readings..I am on a fixed income per month and I cannot afford their expensive inventions. What ever happ Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: What was the "false" explanation

Oncor is a disasterous RIPOFF to utility customers. My bill with TXU has almost doubled with the so xcalled Smart Meters readings from Oncor...It is not fair at all ..The poor gets poorer and the rich keep getting richer while we suffer the malfunction of Oncor new ideas. I am on a fixed income and I have a mandatory buget to go by or I am doomed.  Someone need to watch out for the poor being ripped off.  TXU give false explaination for the increase bill to protect Oncor...It is not fair.  Somebody..Somewhere..HELP...ONCOR is not good for us

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2011 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ONCOR/Dallas-Texas-75202-1234/ONCOR-Oncor-smart-meters-is-a-complete-deception-in-servicemy-bill-has-nearly-doubled-811086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ONCOR

What was the "false" explanation

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Oncor gave you?

Did they tell you there was a general rate increase or did they just single YOU out to charge double rates?

BTW, the smart meters really have nothing to do with the rates, they just report what is actually on the meter.

Read your meter yourself and see if it corresponds to the usage they're billing you for.  Check your bill when you get it and see what the previous and current readings are and what the total usage was.

My gas meter and solar energy meter are both smart meters and are in exact agreement with my bills.

Unfortunately my bills are higher than I would like too, but at least I'm being billed on the same basis as others...rates just keep going up and will continue to do so.

Sorry for your hardship, but I really doubt you're being Ripped Off.

NO, I don't work for ONCOR or any other utility.  Never even heard of them before.