Complaint Review: OOIDA And CTCM (aka) Commercial Truck Claims Management

• Submitted: Wed, January 21, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2004

• Reported By:plymouth New York
OOIDA And CTCM (aka) Commercial Truck Claims Management
1 Nw Ooida Dr Grain Valley, Missouri U.S.A.

OOIDA And CTCM (aka) Commercial Truck Claims Management ripoff anyone with insurance through them by repairing totalled vehicles instead of paying the claim or GAP insurance Grain Valley Missouri

Oodia and CTCM are not the insurance company for the american trucker. They don't want to pay. I had an accident on 7/1/03 and to date in my eyes i'ts not settled. My truck, a 97 freightliner with 750,000 miles, was rolled over by the trailer after trying to avoid the traffic in front of me. I went to the right, the load shifted causing the trailer to roll first pulling the tractor over by its fifth wheel down into a ditch the engine never shut off. I had to do it.

I finally got the appraisal from the shop on 8/1/03 for $13,129.19 after contacting the shop and found out the appraisal was only for visable damage only. After requesting the shop to do a further inspection of the vehicle the shop deemed it to be a total loss yet in the meantime we found out the the shop had already started repairs on the truck without out me signing any authorization for the repairs.

Now the shop after three months of fighting with ooida and ctcm has put a lein against the truck and the finance company had done a paper repo on it.

I just found out that a check was issued to the finance company for the first appraisal and the check had my name on it as well and I didn't authorize anything.

The acv on my truck is 17,000 for the yr and mileage the first est was 13,129.19 less 1,000 deductable and I had gap insurance. Every shop that I talk to states that the truck should have been a total loss from the get go yet ooica and ctcm was willing to repair the truck on visable damage only. I have photos of the truck accident showing it down the bank/ditch and photos of the truck being repaired.

This is to all american truckers that think ooida is the greatest insurance out there. They are not. In fact ooida sells its insurance to alea london limited which in fact is from great britian who are not governed by any state laws per the national insurance registry.

I would like some justice here. Ooida took my money for insurance coverage and when it came time to pay they took the cheapest road and here I sit with no truck, and unpaid bills.

Richard
plymouth, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2004 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OOIDA-And-CTCM-aka-Commercial-Truck-Claims-Management/Grain-Valley-Missouri-64029/OOIDA-And-CTCM-aka-Commercial-Truck-Claims-Management-ripoff-anyone-with-insurance-throu-77695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OOIDA And CTCM (aka) Commercial Truck Claims Management

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC